Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Feeling "Bullied"

Regular Visitor

Feeling "Bullied"

Gosh, it doesn't seem like that long ago that we switched to Comcast phone service (at their urging). Now, I receive a call telling me that they're discontinuing the service that they asked me to sign up for and when can they send a tech over to make the switch for me? They want to put a modem in for my phone!?!?! I found out through my own research (the gal on the phone was not forthcoming with this info!) that I will lose my landline. It's Comcast VOIP or go elsewhere. I've been through cruddy digital phone service before, it was horrible with it's battery back-up silliness and spotty reliability. That's why we went with Comcast landline!  Now I find that I have no choice but to seek some other sort of phone service, the Comcast one I currently have will no longer exist by the end of the year. I will not be able to keep the phone number that I've had for 13 years, no matter what I do. "Don't you want to keep getting one bill for all of your services?" she asks me? "I should have been getting only one bill? How come I get 2 then?" Yeah. Seems my billing's been **bleep** up the entire time, but that's neither here nor there......
I feel bullied. Now I have to submit to new credit checks to switch to another landline provider.
Can someone please talk me off the ledge? Is my Comcast landline service really going away forvever? Must I switch providers? Do I lose my current number? Why is this happening? Sadly, I only found out about this (if it's true, that is) from a telemarketer who wanted to sell me on Comcast VOIP (without really telling me that it was VOIP. Rather sneaky, IMHO)

Re: Feeling "Bullied"

Hi Jiminator,

Thanks for your post. I apologize that you feel as though you’re being bullied. It is true that your old phone service is being converted to the newest phone technology available (VoIP), and that if you want to keep Comcast as your telephone provider, you will need to upgrade to that service; however, I’m not sure that it’s correct that you will need to accept a new telephone number. Please send me an email (or contact us) so that we can look into this a little further.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation