Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Feature request....

Frequent Visitor

Feature request....

This is just an idea for a feature that I think would benefit xfinity voice customers, and would make xfinity quite superior to their competitors in this market. I don't have to send or receive faxes very often, but when I do it's usually complicated and difficult. Now, I can scan documents page by page using my phone's camera and the appropriate app, such as CamScanner for Android (which is my favorite) and output a pdf document which I can then email to myself. Then, if I have access to the appropriate online fax service can then fax to a number of my desire. Problem is that for the infrequency that I need to fax, I need to send a fax maybe once every 2 months and receive a fax maybe once a year, and all these online fax services limit the faxes to a small number of pages and/or have a limited time for free service (30 days is typical). It would be highly desirable to have this service provided as part of my voip service, so allowing xfinity fax services. Most people have some limited buffer space that could be provided by URL by the customer (such as a google drive URL). So, to provide this service, xfinity would have to provide the appropriate web service to allow to send faxes from a file over the voip line. This is simply a software issue for xfinity. To receive faxes, xfinity would have to provide an independent phone number to act as an online fax receiving point. This could be done by software redirection. Since most faxes accept destination numbers of any number of digits, it might be possible to keep the first digits as a common phone number and the lower digits as a redirection software switch to receive the fax at a unique number for each customer. Bottom line, I think that providing virtual fax capabilities would be considered a very useful  feature, and would also give xfinity an edge overy their competitors. Even if the receive function required the line be unused while expecting a fax, that would be a start and the receive function with a different number could be added later on. So, I'd like to submit this as a requested feature for xfinity voice.

Official Employee

Re: Feature request....

Hi webmasterpdx, thank you for you suggestion, I am going to forward this to the correct team to review.

Thank you for your time!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation