Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Feature Request

Frequent Visitor

Feature Request

This seems like a wonderful idea to me:

----> Call Screening - managed from the web interface in DVC or SmartZone. <----

Call Screening now is very limited. Supports ONLY 12 numbers and you have to write them down and manage them yourself. I already have Anonymous Call Rejection turned on but I routinely get random calls from credit card management companies, sattelite TV companies and what not.

I personally believe that unsolicited telephone calls should be made illegal - allways SHOULD have been illegal. It's my private line, isn't it??? Oh, well. We are stuck with this mess.

I hope Comcast will enhance this feature so we can log in here and block the whole darn world if want to. 

Please! And thanks for listening.

Expert

Re: Feature Request

Should door-to-door selling also be illegal?
Frequent Visitor

That is a very good question! After thinking about it a moment I have to reflect on sixty years of living and say yes. There was a day when you could send your kids out to play in the neighborhood for hours at a time and seldom worry. For many of us those times are gone. And I don't want strangers coming to my home, checking out my stuff, possibly casing my place for a later 'visit'.

Times HAVE changed. The nation has changed. The people have changed - and not all for the better. So, don't call or knock without my permission first. Pitty it has to be that way but more people are inconsiderate, self centered and willing to take advantage of you today, in my opinion.

Expert

I'm not sure things are really any more dangerous than they were in the "good ol' days". I think there has just been more media attention to the dangers, causing people to be more paranoid.
New Poster

There is the "Do Not Call List."  If you put your home number(s) on it, it is actually illegal for commercial

entities to call.

The law does not apply to business phone numbers (I wish it did) and does not apply to charities, polls or political candidates, or bill collectors.  It also does not apply to companies with which you have done business in the past 18 months.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

New Poster

OH, and it is illegal to go door to door in my community.