Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Faxing Issues to one particular #

Frequent Visitor

Faxing Issues to one particular #

I have the digital voice service for a few months. I got it to replace an internet based faxing service that had continual problems faxing to one particular # located in Tallahassee, FL.

Until two weeks ago, i was able to fax to this one # without incident. Faxing everywhere else (send and receive) works without incident. 

I decided to try a friend of mine's fax machine that also has comcast business class voice service. Both locations, the fax (two totally different fax machines) failed. I also tried faxing from my computer via a usr usb faxmodem. None would work.

I fax from a bellsouth line it worked fine.

When you listen to the # dialing it sounds as if it is being foward twice. also, sometimes it will ring and sond busy at the same time.

I contacted the people on the other end of the fax - they have made no changes to their end and the

faxes go to stand alone fax machines, not an efax, or other thing. 

Is there someone that is in a true technical support position that undrestands phone switches and call routing at comcast that can assist me. I have no desire to call in and go through the useleness of the "support" that is on the other end of the 1800 comcast #.

The whole point of having ths comcast voice service was to have a reliable fax, which I did until two weeks ago.

incidentally, when i call from any other line(non comcast) i do not hear the multiple sounds of call forwarding.

thanks.

ed

Connection Expert

Re: Faxing Issues to one particular #

Sounds like it might be a regional handoff issue

Are there any other Fax Points in the same neighborhood as the faling endpoint that exhibit the same issue?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes - I did a test at a friend's location across town with a different fax machine but they too were using comcast voice and had the same problem.

As I said before, until two weeks ago there was no issue faxing to the # in tallahassee.

It started with the faxes partially going through then getting disconnected with an error

yesterday, it wont even start sending the 1st page, just disconnects with an immediate error.

Cable Expert

Try to turn down the baud rate on the fax machine, it will be in the setup.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I already tried that and it still wouldn't work.

I am baffled as to why this comcast line was working perfectly to every fax line i needed to and then all of a sudden it no longer will connect to the one number that was critical that i be able to reliably fax to

Frequent Visitor

Is there anyone here that can get someone who is actually technical at comcast to check this problem that I am writing about? Since my last post the comcast line seemed to work for about two weeks, now the problem is back once again (though the call doesnt sound like its being forwarded), i dial the # in tallahassee (centurylink) and it drops with an error. I am able to fax from an ATT line without problems.

Ironically this is the one destination i must have reliable service to.

can anyone help me with this? I dread calling the comcast # and trying to explain this to them

Frequent Visitor

anyone here from comcast that can get this issue to the right person?

it seems multiple numbers in tallahassee result in the same problem.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation