Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Frequent Visitor

Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

When I click on the voicemail message to Play, I get an error message: Windows Media Player cannot find the file...

How do I fix this problem so that Media Player will auto-play the voice messages?

thanks!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Can you tell us what browser you're using, operating system, and if you have any additional browser add-ons installed?
Frequent Visitor

Re: Email-Voicemail problems...How do I fix Error on attempt to play Voicemails?

Using Windows XP Home edition operating system, and IE vsn 8.
Frequent Visitor

whoops...no additional browser add-ons, by the way.
Frequent Visitor

What is the solution to this "media player" problem.  I have the same problem ever since I downloaded the Norton security software.  Is it safe to disable the three browser (IE8) add-ons that Symantic added: Norton Toolbar, Symantic Intrusion Prevention and Symantic NCO BHO?  Ever since I downloaded Comcast's Norton Security s/w I've had trouble with Windows automatic update, etc.  Please help.  Thanks.
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have used both Firefox and IE7/8 to check my voicemail through Smartzone.  Both browsers say "Windows Media Player cannot find file".  I have the Quicktime and Windows Media Player plugins in both browsers. 

Frequent Visitor

I've disabled the Norton brower add-ons I mentioned in my message and - voilà - the Windows media player works.  I can now listen to my voicemail messages. To disable add-ons in IE8, click on Tools-Manage add-ons. When I have time, I'll enable each of the three add-ons to see which of the three actually is the culprit.  I suspect it's the Norton toolbar!  Good luck.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation