Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Dropped calls

Regular Visitor

Dropped calls

Does anyone else expierence dropped calls? It happens to me all of the time. If I am on a call the is lengthy (over 5 minutes) everything will go quiet and the call is lost, one of us will call back and the problem doesnt happen again. I have changed modems to the latest and greatest Comcast modem and the problem was still there. I went out and purchased a new phone system thinking that was the problem since they were old but guess what?????? DIDNT FIX IT $200 dollars later I might add. I have changed the phone wire also.  I have even replaced my neighbors (all but one) and the problem still exists. My wife was just on the phone and it hapened to her, well guess what? she is mad at me because I spent so much money on the new phone and it still didnt fix the problem. Can someone please help me? I dont want to call and talk to someone I cant understand and I dont want someone to tell me to unplug the modem. I have done it all, It has to be something outside of my home that is causing this. Oh yeah, It doesnt do it all of the time either.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Dropped calls

Hello

I am running into exactly the same issue over the last few weeks...

Frequent Visitor

This might be the issue:  Wifi Access Point interfering with the Comcast Modem.

If you have some WIFI Access Point near the comcast modem try to move that as far as possible from it, at least 3 or more feet.

Good luck.

Regular Visitor

It is right next to the modem, I will try moving it! thanks

Regular Visitor

everyday!

Frequent Visitor

I have not had one call that has not been dropped in one solid week...Tech came out and connected new modem. This did not remedy my problem. I am unable to count how many times I have called Comcast and the calls are dropped...

I have no idea why this is happening, I think it is Comcast and they just will not tell you...I am going to change to Verizon since I can no longer keep having dropped calls...

My phone was fine before the modem was changed? Now I hear my phone may not be compatible?

Sorry I paid over $250 for my phones and there is no way will I ever believe it is MY phone.

Comcast does not reveal problems at their end...

Trust me, I have a few friends this is also happening to and it is  not the "phone issue"

The Tech that came to my home was fantastic so it was not any fault of his...

Tags (1)
Contributor

I have the same problem, from timte to time.,  whether it be a local or long distance call

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation