Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Does Comcast have Conditional Call Forwarding Yet?

New Poster

Does Comcast have Conditional Call Forwarding Yet?

It seems that after reading through the forums that Comcast does not offer conditional call forwarding, meaning the call can forward to my cell phone after it rings "x" number of times. This is a service that is offered with every other phone service provider that I've worked with - I'm very dissappointed in Comcast phone service. People seem to have been posting about this issue in these forums for years. I would definitely leave Comcast if any other companies offer landline phone service to my area.

Does anyone know either 1) if Comcast has addressed this issue or if they will continue to ignore their customers' needs for years to come 2) if I can find a different company to provide phone service even though Comcast is the only available ISP at my address.

If Comcast has fixed this problem, I will be less upset, even though I usually receive very poor customer service and ridiculous wait times every time I call them. If there is no solution, I will be forced to move to a different house/apartment simply based on the poor service Comcast provides - I can't operate a business like this.

New Poster

Re: Does Comcast have Conditional Call Forwarding

Comcast always had call forwarding as an option,  you really need to investigate b4 complaining. *72 for activation and *73 deact. *63 for selective and *83 to deact. or you can do it online

New Poster

You obvsiously didn't understand the post or don't now what Conditional call forwarding is. I know they have call forwarding, which does me no good. They don't have conditional call forwarding, meaning it forwards to another number if it's unanswered/busy or after a certain number of rings. Trust me, my friend, I have researched, alot.

Frequent Visitor

Would like to know how to get *73 to work. I can't deactivate and I have to because it is messing up all my calls as I didn't realize that you couldn't choose how many rings. STUPID FEATURE!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation