Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

New Poster

Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

I just would like to warn all Comcast users, both current and those who are thinking of joining, especially those who have relatives abroad. My last bill was a terrible disappointment. It turned out that the Comcast representative who assisted me when I signed up for their services, LIED to me, either intentionally or just because of total ignorance.

This person assured me that with 300 Careless minutes I am free to call ANY number in my country, including cell phones. However, when I received my bill,  I found an extra $30 charge in it, studied the bill and found out the unpleasant truth.  The calls to mobile phones ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THESE minutes - landlines ONLY!

Now I will have to start looking out to change my long distance provider. And my trust to Comcast employees has suffered a terrible blow.

Contributor

Re: Disappointment - voice charges. BE WARNED!

You may want to write to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and include your full name, service address, phone number, account number and full details of the problems.  A case manager from the executive office should contact you within three business days.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

It does state here land lines only.  The rep was misinformed.

http://wwwb.comcast.com/home-phone-service.html

Valued Contributor

Is that landline only thing for over seas calls only???  I did read the page. but?

Contributor

tvaholic7 wrote:

Is that landline only thing for over seas calls only???  I did read the page. but?

The OP was talking about calls to another country.

Gold Problem Solver

There is one other "gotcha" with Voice Unlimited: it isn't unlimited. See http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/Phone-being-disconnected-for-exceeding-5000-long-minut...

Valued Contributor

izmeeh wrote:

tvaholic7 wrote:

The OP was talking about calls to another country.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation