Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Disabling Entirely ? (or, changinging number of rings before going to VM ?)

Contributor

Disabling Entirely ? (or, changinging number of rings before going to VM ?)

Hello,

New at using Comcast for our phone.

a. Is it possible to turn off their Voice Mail entirely ? How, please ?

Interacting with our answering machine, and we really don't need voice mail.

b.  Is it possible to change the number of rings, or time, before it goes to voice mail ?

Thanks,

Bob

Official Employee

Re: Disabling Entirely ? (or, changinging number of rings before going to VM ?)

Hi Bob, Please let me know if you are still having issues with your voicemail.

To change the number of rings before calls are forwarded to voicemail, just follow the steps below.

For XFINITY Voice and XFINITY Internet Service Subscribers:

1. Go to www.xfinity.com.
  2. Select the Email icon.
  3. Enter your primary XFINITY username and password. 
  4. Go to the Preferences tab, then select the VOICE icon.
  5. Select Call Forwarding and Rings.
  6. In the Send call to voice mail after field, select the number of rings you want before the call goes to voicemail.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

I am trying to change my rings or disable voice mail. I've followed all the instructions, but after signing in und clicking on email, there is no preference tab. I have been going round and around on the website, but I am total lost and totally frustrated

Expert

ucookie wrote:

I am trying to change my rings or disable voice mail. I've followed all the instructions, but after signing in und clicking on email, there is no preference tab. I have been going round and around on the website, but I am total lost and totally frustrated

The direct link to your Voice Settings can be found here:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

You will be able to change the number of rings in the Call Forwarding & Rings section.

If you wish to totally disable VM, you will need to call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 and speak with a CSR to disable that feature.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Expert
Moved: