Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Did not order, want or need voice modem

Frequent Visitor

Did not order, want or need voice modem

When I signed up for my current 2 year agreement for Triple Play I told the rep that I did not want or need the voice phone service.  He said I didn't have to use it and I would not be charged any additional fees for phone service or voice modems or related fees, taxes, etc.  Now after about a month. I get a letter in the mail from Comcast with no addresses, emails and only the regular phone number saying they made an error and determined that they were not charging me for all the Comcast equipment plus taxes and fees.  The were nice enough to say they would not retroactively bill me for their mistake but would begin to charge me $10 on my next statement.  

A week ago or so I received a package in the mail containing the voice modem that I did not want and was told by their rep I would not need.  I left it in it's box and did not connect it and will be happy to return it, as it is their mistake to send it. I expect a return label paying for it's return. 

Now it appears they are charging me a monthly fee of $10 for this mistake. Conveniently I am past my 30 day right to cancel now. 

I would appreciate a Comcast rep from this forum straighten this out.  

Connection Expert

Re: Did not order, want or need voice modem

Valued Contributor

If you are using a Comcast provided modem, there will be a monthly fee, whether it is a data only modem or an emta modem.

If you are using your owned modem now, then return the new Comcast provided modem and get a receipt.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!  I do have my own owned modem for internet.  They know that, or should as it is on my bill each month as an owned modem.  They recently sent me the combo voice/internet modem in the mail.  I will call and see what they say.  Since they sent it without my request I thought they should pay for return shipping.  We'll see.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation