Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Deactivating voicemail

New Poster

Deactivating voicemail

If someone calls and the phone isn't answered, my phone takes the message. If someone calls and the line is in use, it rolls over to Comcast. I want to deactivate Comcast voicemail so my phone's system will take both kinds of calls. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Deactivating voicemail

Sure, there are several things you can do:

1. Call in and have Comcast turn Voicemail off
  2. Call in and have Comcast Set the voicemail rings to 6 or 8 so that your machine will pick up first and the voicemail will only take a message if the caller gets a busy signal.
  3. Disconnect and retire your answering mahine.Smiley Happy
  4. Go on your cp,[iter omtp tje Dogota; Vpoce Center and set the number of rings your self.

All Replies
Official Employee

If someone calls and the line is in use, does the incoming call go to Comcast voicemail immediately or after several call waiting alerts you hear (called party)?

If someone calls and the phone isn't answered, after how many rings does the incoming call go to your answer machine?

New Poster

If someone calls and the line is in use it rolls over immediately to Comcast.

The phone will ring five times before its answering machine picks up.

What's happening is that some messages are going to one and some to the other.

There's a light on the phone to tell me if there's a new message. Otherwise I have to notice  "missed call" on the phone's screen to know I need to check Comcast. I just want things simplified.
Thanks for your questions and help.

Official Employee

I think you probably have the following setup.

1) Call Forward Busy (CF to Comcast Voicemail.

2) Both your answer machine and Comcast Voicemail take the incoming call after 5 rings (race condition).

You may want to try the following.

1) Disable CFB. If someone calls and the line is in use, you will get call waiting alart on your phone. If you ignore it, the call will go to voicemail. If your answer machine support this scenario, the call should go to the voicemail in the answer machine.

2) Access Smartzone or DVC to change the number of rings to the maximum (9). It will allow your answer machine to pick up the call first.

New Poster

iI am new to comcast. I did not ask for my voicemail to be set up through my computer, I did however want my landline answering machine to do what it always has, answer my calls. Now it is incapable of doing this AND now my voicemail on my computer cannot be accessed, all it keeps saying is "loading" I need my landline answering system to work, I did not ask for a computer voicemail. Can you Help?
Expert

Sure, there are several things you can do:

1. Call in and have Comcast turn Voicemail off
  2. Call in and have Comcast Set the voicemail rings to 6 or 8 so that your machine will pick up first and the voicemail will only take a message if the caller gets a busy signal.
  3. Disconnect and retire your answering mahine.Smiley Happy
  4. Go on your cp,[iter omtp tje Dogota; Vpoce Center and set the number of rings your self.
New Poster

I have a home phone answering machine & call waiting.

If I am on the other line, the call coming in goes to comcast vm.  i do not want comcast vm.

Expert

Then do what JMCS said: call Comcast and tell them to disable voicemail on your account.

New Poster

Have you ever tried to JUST call comcast and have voicemail turned off...I have been trying for 3 days non stop....so how is it done

New Poster

deactivate voicemail

how to do it  the office is useless  either  not working or  wait times of 45 minutes