Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Deactivate voice mail?

Frequent Visitor

Deactivate voice mail?

Sorry if this is a rehash of an old topic, but I didn't see it in the FAQ or with a search. How do I deactivate the voice mail service? I have a home answering machine that I prefer to use.
Regular Contributor

Re: Deactivate voice mail?

I believe you need to call in or chat with comcast and they can turn it off.
Most Valued Poster

I just called support at 1-800-COMCAST and told them that I didn't want to have voicemail.  They were able to turn it off without any trouble.

Regular Contributor

Dear Rikyo,

Thanks for checking the FAQs before posting. In most situations, this will save you quite a bit of time and frustration.

Rikyo, you are certainly correct that there is no mention of activation or deactivation of voice mail within the Comcast Voice Mail FAQs. The reason for this is because voice mail currently does not have an activation or deactivation option built into the system that you can use.

You can, of course, access, as well as manage various aspects of your voice mail from home as well as through the Digital Voice Center. However, to correct any conflict that you may be having with your answering machine you will need to contact us to remove it.

Thanks for the great question!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation