Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast won't port phone number out

New Poster

Comcast won't port phone number out

My husband and I recently upgraded our cell phones from the old flip phones to smart phones.  Unfortunately, Comcast is being difficult at best in allowing our phone number to be ported.  We were on the phone with the new provider last week who said that Comast told them the phone number was not a working number.  That was a lie and straight talk knew that as they called us on that number to tell us this.  Then we were on the phone being transferred around multiple times finally after 1 1/2 hours someone told us (I have his name and employee number) that it was scheduled to transfer on 8/18 which is today.  We have been on the phone with Comcast and Straight talk multiple times each day in the last week and if it is not transferred today, I will be contacting the FCC and fiing a complaint as they cannot hold the number hostage this way.  Any help from someone who has dealt with this type of problem would be greatly appreciated.

New Poster

Re: Comcast won't port phone number out

I'm dealing with a similar issue right now.  NewCarrier made a request to port-out the number held by Comcast.  Comcast rejected them claiming CSR mismatch.  Comcast is claiming to have no record of the request.

Did you find a solution yet?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation