Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast strikes again.

Regular Visitor

Comcast strikes again.

Oh my God.  We have been without a phone for 3 days. My husband has a medical alert that needs the phone line, so we have been without that for 3 days. I called two days ago, talked for over an hours, probably from somewhere in India, difficult to understand. He tried to fix it from there. Did not transfer me to someone in this country. Could not fix it, so made an appt for us today, 10-12n and guess what, never showed. Called to see what was going on-told we never had an appt, and I said I beg to differ. I talked to one person, asked my name, phone (which is useless), address, last four numbers of SS, yada yada yada-like someone would hack into or try to play a fast one with my Comcast account.  Who the hades would want to Comcast?  So, he decided he couldn't do anything, so I was transferred and I have no idea where we went then, but the woman sounded like she was still chewing her oatmeal from breakfast. I could barely understand her, not because of an accent, but because she didn't speak clearly, and needed to take her headphone out of her mouth. Then, I get put on hold-oh that was fun-being told how wonderful Comcast is with an electric  guitar screaming in my ear. You need to calm down your customers, not bloody well drive them  more insane.   I was then asked all my information again, why ,I have no idea. Ridiculous.  Finally I got how things were going.  No appt today, she put my "issue" (their issue is more accurate) in my record-gee, I wonder if this will go on my permanent record. She took my cell phone number, gave me ticket number and said that a technician would call me today. She said when  I hung up, he would call-Uh Huh, still waiting. I told her we made a Dr's appt around our Comcast appt and had to be gone for an hour, so they will probably use that as a reason they couldn't get here today.  So, here we are, no phone, no medical alert. Thanks Comcast. You are a peach!-I can't believe it, they wouldn't post my post because I used a bad word-starting with p, 4 letters meaning to irritate or enrage. 

New Poster

Re: Comcast strikes again.

I have the same problem every time it rains.  I have called customer support several times.  The first time I was given a date that the repairman would come which was 12 days later.  My husband also wears a medical alert and when I told them that, I was told that they would escalate the problem and a supervisor would call me back.  Never happened. I called back several more times and after they repeated every step the first person did, they also said they would escalated the problem and nothing ever happened.  The repairman came when they said he would (12 days after my first call) but the issue resolved itself by then and he really couldn't see the real problem.  He said that I needed someone to come out when the problem is still there.  Ha!  Try getting Comcast customer support to understand that!  They are useless.  I am tired of speaking to people who can't speak good English.  I am older and my hearing is not so good, so it makes it harder for me to understand them.  I am also tired of them just going by a script and not thinking for themselves.  What good does it do to keep sending a signal to the modem each time I call?  If I'm not home (I have to go about a mile away from my house to get a good signal on my cell phone) I can't tell them what lights are lit on the modem.  What good does it do for each customer service rep to repeat everything the previous person did - over and over again?  It's a waste of my time and it is really frustrating to deal with Comcast.  They don't seem to care about their customers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation