Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast lost my phone number - 911 issue

New Poster

Comcast lost my phone number - 911 issue

Comcast Ticket CR333523429

A week ago I called Comcast customer support.  When calling my home phone number I got a strange voicemail from someone I don't know.  My incoming calls are going to someone who "has" my phone number.  However, I can still make outgoing calls from my home phone, when at home.  I have made over 7 calls to customer support, since 9/4/2013.  The issue was escalated to the national support group.  I called today, 9/9 - and they say someone changed the status to "fixed".  It is NOT fixed.  I call my home phone number and still goes to someone else.  Actually, the manager at a local radio station (who is not happy he's getting my calls).  This is a an emergency 911 issue - I cannot reach any one at my home. I did not initiate any request to transfer my phone number.  It was a new number established when I signed on with Comcast voice-internet-cable package in 2012.  I want to still have the same phone number.

How does Comcast, an international telecommunications company, "lose" a phone number?  And, why does it take so long to get anyone to resolve?  How do I know someone else isn't making long distance or international calls on my line?  Will someone at Comcast PLEASE provide an answer, and get this fixed??!!!  Really fixed - not just words and no action.

New Poster

Re: Comcast lost my phone number - 911 issue

Still not resolved.  Had to call Comcast guarantee support - the original ticket was 'closed' and they had to reopen.  Nothing fixed.  Still can't call home.  What's up Comcast?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation