Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast box downstairs, need phone upstairs

New Poster

Comcast box downstairs, need phone upstairs

Hello,

I recently bought the Comcast Triple Play, and a corded phone with an attached headset. This phone works great when plugged directly into the Comcast box.  The problem is, I need the phone upstairs in my office instead of downstairs next to the Comcast box. Is there a device that I can plug into the Comcast box that will wirelessly transmit the voice service up to my phone upstairs if it's connected to another device that can receive the signal?  

New Poster

Re: Comcast box downstairs, need phone upstairs

You can use your home's wired phone lines.  Disconnect what used to be incoming phone service (in the basement usually) then run a line from the back of the modem to the nearest wall jack. Then, just plug the phone you like into any other jack in the house.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Comcast box downstairs, need phone upstairs

Hi jcropley, if your phone wall jacks are already active you might just be able to connect the phone line from the modem to them and it might active your other jacks. Now this is not always the case, since in some cases they have to change something at the phone box for it to work. Also, a lot of times if you are in an apartment or town home these wires might not be active at all and you might need to contact an electrician to do this. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation