Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast accidentally deleted our Work Line

New Poster

Comcast accidentally deleted our Work Line

Tuesday 8/6/2013 at around 9am my wife called to have Comcast check why we are not getting the promised bandwidth. The support rep scheduled a technician to pay a visit. While on the phone the rep explained to my wife that for $20 less per month we could add Comcast cable TV for as promotional rate for 12 months and then afterwards our bill would still significantly less than it is now. Christie agreed to the change on those conditions. The rep made the package change and in doing so deleted the secondary work phone number. At the same time she also incorrectly changed the primary account phone number to Christie's cell phone. A call back corrected the improper change of the primary account number to Christie's cell phone. After another call back the second line was added back with a new number. An additional call back resulted in adding the original work telephone number back to the account but was not active. Throughout this ordeal the secondary work phone had no dial tone. Each call to the support number was answered after a significant wait by a different rep who had no record of the previous issue events and therefore wanted to start from the beginning. She asked to talk to a supervisor/manager and was transferred back to the cue to get answered by yet another rep that wanted to start from the beginning. The final call back of the day resulted in being told that the change would have to wait until a system scheduled process had taken affect at the end of the day and so would be working tomorrow morning.

Wednesday 8/7/2013 my wife called back after still having no dial tone on the secondary work line.
Ultimately, she was told that the system must have not processed the change but that the automated change would take place at the end of the day and would be working tomorrow morning.

Thursday 8/8/2013 my wife called back after still having no dial tone on the secondary work line. She was told that a fix was scheduled and that the line should be working by tomorrow morning.

Friday 8/9/2013 my wife called back after still having no dial tone on the secondary work line and was told that a ticket to have it fixed was created and that we could expect it to be fixed within 72 hours. I then called Comcast and got transferred to the phone technical support group. I assertively explained that if we had called to add a phone line it would be active within 30 minutes yet after Comcast deleting our work phone line it has taken 4 days and still we have no dial tone. He explained that he would schedule a fix that would take 1 to 3 business days. I stopped him there and stated that this was unexceptable and that she needed to get his supervisor on the phone and if failing that I would be happy to chat with the Vice President or President of Comcast. He got who I presume was his supervisor to call me back. She explained that she was actively working on the issue but that an existing ticket was already scheduled to have this fixed by Saturday (aka. would be working by tomorrow).

Saturday 8/10/2013 no dial tone.
Sunday 8/11/2013 no dial tone.

Monday morning 8/12/2013 we still had no dial tone on the secondary work line. The Comcast rep explained that it would be fixed by tomorrow morning. At 10:30am the secondary work line got a dial tone but still no caller ID or voicemail.

Now we have to contact billing to have the package change reverted back to what is was prior to the change. The ironic part about this is that the original rep had given false information. By adding Comcast TV our bill would decrease only by $3 per month and after 12 months would be significantly higher than what we pay now. She had neglected to consider the cost of the secondary work line which may explain why she deleted the secondary line while changing packages.

I am going to insist upon crediting our bill a full week of service for the loss of service and work
production time. I am consulting with my attorney to assess what further options are available to take this further if need be.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation