Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Cannot block numbers or Caller ID of 000-000-0000

New Poster

Cannot block numbers or Caller ID of 000-000-0000

In the middle of many nights, I have been getting strange calls from a V-dialer number (i.e., "V081500031234" with the Caller I.D. of "000-000-0000". Each night, the V-dialer number is slightly different, but the Caller I.D. remains the same.

When I try adding 000-000-0000 to the blocked call list online, it rejects it as an "invalid number"

(It also doesn't permit wildcards).

How can I get Comcast to block these unwanted calls? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot block numbers or Caller ID of 000-000-0

You can't! You have to have a call blocker that you can buy online from Amazon or get one that is a computer program if you leave your computer on 24/7.

We got the Call Blocker and it blocks all "Unknown, Out of Area, and wildcards".

It also blocks up to 80 numbers.

We were getting Unknow and Out of Area calls all the time, and now it don't happen!

So forget Comcast for any help.

New Poster

Re: Cannot block numbers or Caller ID of 000-000-0

Pudwinker, thank you for the reply.

I was afraid that would be the case; but I'm hoping that in seeing messages like this, Comcast will recognize the need to enhance its blocking capabilities. This, in particular, would seem easy to implement.

I did install and am using Phonetray, where I can deep-6 blocked/unidentified/blacklisted (including wildcard entries) calls. I can also set "quiet periods" to quash all night time calls, except from selected contacts. This works ok, but some of my phones around the house still ring once before my PC intercepts the call. I'm working on adjusting my Phonetray settings and phone ringers in an attempt to improve performance--and get a full night' sleep.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation