Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Can't setup "NOMOROBO" on 2nd Xfinity Phone

New Poster

Can't setup "NOMOROBO" on 2nd Xfinity Phone

We own two homes with Xfinity phone service for both w/separate Xfinity accounts. We're using "NOMOROBO" with some success (thank you very much). In trying to enable NOMOROBO on the 2nd account phone, the process is easy till I encounter this Xfinity step: "Hi Jim, Please verify your password recovery options" "Two options needed" "Please specify a email address we can send a verification code; you can't use comcast.net or xfinity.com accts." I tried my Windows email account. Auto response was error: "Sorry that email account is already in use" (I presume from setting up phone #1). I found and used my obscure Gmail email account & continued to the next step. I could not complete the required 2nd password verification option because it called for a mobile phone number which had already been used in setting up the 1st phone, so I received another similar error msg: "Sorry that number is already in use" Is there a easier way fo me to set up our #2 phone for NOMOROBO?  As owner of both Xfinity accounts, it should be legit for me to re-use the same email & mobile #'s. Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Can't setup "NOMOROBO" on 2nd Xfinity Phone

jimichrome1, as with the email option, there needs to be a unique identifier for the phone number. I know an additional number is hard to come by compared to email. I recommend perhaps using a Google Voice number.