Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Calls go to voice mail directly But I no longer want answering service

New Poster

Calls go to voice mail directly But I no longer want answering service

What should I do to stop voice mail? I already set voice mail to reply after 9 rings yesterday but today, Voice Mail picks up calls directly. My Panasonic KX-TG5561 telephone has no "Answer On/Off" button.

New Poster

Re: Calls go to voice mail directly But I no longer want answering service

Same here.  Can't find a way to opt out of the voicemail.

Frequent Visitor

I'm beginning to think there is no way to delete "missed phone calls"

Official Employee

Hello,

Ring count change should work but, care agents should be able to help you as well.

Hope this helps.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I, too, am experiencing this with incoming calls that go straight to voicemail. I've turned off my external answering machine AND set the voicemail to pick up after 9 rings...no luck at all. I also cannot find an option to disable the Comcast voicemail. Any suggestions? This is problematic and significantly inhibits my work productivity.

New Poster

calls go directly to voice mail  do not want service

New Poster

I was having this issue with all of our company calls going straight to voicemail. I knew it wasn't a phone issue b/c there were 4 phones connected to the line and all calls were going straight to voicemail all of a sudden. I used the call forwarding feature sometimes and figured it had something to do with a feature access code of some sort b/c it was like they were being forwarded to vm, but the forward feature was deactivated. I searched all over & looked at every Comcast help forum I could find with similar issues and there was no answered help responses for any of them, I was shocked! So I set out to figure it out myself! After hours of searching and reading forums and comcast help which they all pretty much just wanted to say to reset phone and check phone wires etc, and email or call customer service,or go to your account and change settings, which none of it was helping anyone. I finally figured it out, after finding an old welcome to comcast booklet with all the feature access codes!! I had accidentally hit a wrong number and the calls were on do not disturb and just needed to be deactivated!! Which was simply dialing *79, I hope this helps others out there with the same issue, so they don't have to go through what I did. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation