Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Callers cannot hear me and I cannot hear them

New Poster

Callers cannot hear me and I cannot hear them

Phone service is not working properly and need to figure out what the problem may be.

Just brought brand new phones three months ago, but for the past two days all calls coming in when answered cannot be heard.  I am yelling hello, hello, hello, but caller cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them.

Sometimes I call them and I can hear them answer call, but they cannot hear me speak.  These are Uniden phones - - 1 base and 4 cordless.  I really don't think that it is the phones, but it may be. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check to see if it is Comcast or Uniden that is causing the problem?  Again this just started yesterday, and today makes the second day it is a problem.

I have tried all of the cordless phones and it is happening on all of them to include the primary base phone, which leads me to think that it is Comcast.

Lastly, I noticed that before yesterday, when calls came in there was at least a minute delay from me saying hello, hello before the caller's phone call would come through for me to hear them.  Now they cannot hear me nor can I hear them. 

What is really going on here?

New Poster

Re: Callers cannot hear me and I cannot hear them

We are experiencing the same issues, and have for months.  I, too, thought it may be my phones, but come to think of it, I never had an issue with them until I picked up Voice.
About to call service to see what they can do and if no improvement then I'm discontinuing service.  What's the point in paying for something that isn't working?  I've been doing it for four months and that's more than long enough.
Comcast techs - if you're reading this then it's time to quit reading and start working on this issue.  Now.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation