Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID

New Poster

Caller ID

I do not subscribe to caller id but up until recently my tv would show the number calling.  My tv now shows anonymous and my phone screen says private caller. I checked my tv settings and caller id is checked "ON" Please help

New Poster

Re: Caller ID

Typical Comcast performance. For years when I call for help they tell me I do not have it and yet I am a 3 tier user. Today I am not working and their help on-line service i not availbel. Go fiqure....bob

New Poster

I do subscribe to caller ID, but also see the same thing on my TV and on my phone.  Today I've been on the website, installed caller ID - which no one told me I had to do, and basically clicked on anything and everything that has to do with "voice", including preferences and settings.  We will see if it helped.  I'll let you know when I get a phone call. 

New Poster

Just as I thought, everything I did on the Comcast website under "my services" or "my account", or "troubleshoot", or install/download  - did nothing to correct my problem.  It confirms that I subscribe and pay for Universal Caller ID under  "my services", but the only "universal" thing I get is "anonymous" or "private number" on every phone call.  I have tried cutting power and restarting everything.  And I have called for service, but very oddly get cut off every time I am talking to someone.

Maybe it's time to look into other service providers.  If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free.

New Poster

The subscriber who wrote in that to go to caller id on the menu and shut it off and put it on again and the caller id will reset itself is a genius and better than the comcast reps.  I did it and my caller id reset itself.  To think I wasted 30 minutes talking to a rep that day and we were disconnected and the rep did not even call me back, his name is Vaughn.  The subscriber who gave that hint I want to thank you very much. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation