Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID to PC Not Working

Regular Visitor

Caller ID to PC Not Working

I just got Digital Voice 2 days ago. When Universal Caller ID to TV didn't work, I found out that the area I'm in doesn't have it available and we don't have the required set top boxes (Motorola or Pace). The tech I chatted with said he was adding Caller ID to PC to my account so I could at least use that. I downloaded the application fine with no errors, but it is not working either. Now a second tech I chatted with just now said that if Caller ID to TV is not available in my area, I will not be able to use Caller ID to PC either.  Is that true? I don't see the connection, since Caller ID to PC has nothing to do with whether I have the right set top box. My PC is Windows XP with SP2. It seems to me like I have met the requirements for Caller ID to PC but it's not working.

Was the tech right that if Caller ID to TV is not available, then I can't use Caller ID to PC either?

Cable Expert

Re: Caller ID to PC Not Working

I was under the impression the pc caller ID won't work either in SA markets yet.

I'll notify the Comcast administrator to confirm.  Watch this post and your email for a update, probably not until Monday

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Retired Administrator

Both CID functions are currently not available in your area.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

Caller Id for the TV & computer is great. Trouble is the function quit working on my computer about 6 months ago. A tech helped me get it back but it has worked on & off. Now doesn't work at all. Have re-installed at least 20 times to no avail.

I have called tor tech support & spent many hours on the phone. They cannot correct the problem and always end up giving me a "Ticket #" This means nothing as each time I call back the Techs say the ticket # shows the issue resolved. Great techs, poor customer service follow-up.

New Poster

I had caller id for about 1 month. one day it just stopped working. I spent about 3 hours trying everything from the webpage. I went to chat and about 1/2 hour they sent me back to the webpage. It is completely installed and sitting on my  desktop but still will not open.  There must be some majic trick to getting this thing to work again.

Frequent Visitor

I must have spent hours on the phone with over 30 techs. finally one day a Rep. called me & said it was the MS Windows updates that caused the caller ID to quit working. He said it was a common problem and they are working on it. That was 6 weeks ago and the last I heard from them.

New Poster

Thank you for your comments.  That is exactly what happened to me.  It was working and stopped working after a Windows update.

6 weeks you say. I hope it will be fixed sooner.

Cable Expert

What version of Windows?  It still works with Windows 7 but you must go to Adobe and update Adobe Air, if you don't have Adobe install updates automatically.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Have Windows 7 and have updated adobe air several times with techs from Comcast. All to no avail.

It's got them stumped.

Cable Expert

It works well on Win7, so If I were Comcast I'd be looking at the codes on your account, and totally rebuild your account from scratch if they can't get it working.

Normally it works on both the TV and the PC, or not at all, but certainly can break on only one device.

Are you really talking to techs?  Normal CSR's are not techs, and only read off the screen unless it was excalated to tier 2 or higher.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes! puzzled every CSR I ended up with and each time I was told I'd be contacted by someone who specializes in this area. Each time they told me they were Comcast Techs or management and they could not fix it. Like I said the last expert I spoke with blamed it on the Windows updates. I don't know if they were just snowing me or what. Do a lot of business on the computer and the caller ID was a great feature and I really miss it.

Getting to someone with real knowledge in Comcast is like trying to get to the inner circle of the Pentagon.

Frustrated.

Cable Expert

Jake8738

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into it.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week. 

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wonderful, Thank You.

Problem Solver

Jake8738-

A test was sent to your TV and Computer and they both pass. Do you still have an issue?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, same issue I have had since Feb. 2011. Caller ID works on television but not on computer.

I saw the test on the TV and wife was on the computer and nothing. The program will not even connect on PC. Just an Icon that does not connect when attempted.

Have had so many replies from Comcast but not one bit of progress since I asked for help almost 6 months ago.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation