Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID on TV screen

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID on TV screen

I am not receiving the Caller ID on my TV set when the phone rings. I went into the local Comcast office and they said it might take 24-48 hrs to be completed and I am at that time line right now. How does this get resolved?

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on TV screen

I am having the same issue. After troubleshooting through online chat they are sending a technician to my home to hopefully fix the problem. This is also after I did not receive a callback from an advanced techincian as promised. I cannot get caller ID on my PC either. 

I hope your issue has been resolved. 

New Poster

Did u try the menu button on remote, to ITV, then notifications/ disable, or enable caller ID/tv?? I wanted to turn mine off, and looked it up. It worked for me! Maybe it will work the opposite way for you!

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  Called Comcast support tech once and did an on-line chat with them.  Also went to my comcast account on-line and put in all the information.  Nothing could get it to work on either my tv screen or my pc.

I'd really like to know how to get this feature to work!

New Poster

I am having the same issue been working on getting it to work for a week. They say that the signal refresh or rebooting will work but it hasnt worked yet for me.

Frequent Visitor

Nothing resolved.

Problem Solver

We're having the same issue.  Nothing is working. They say to wait!?!?

Problem Solver

Still not working - - anyone else have this resolved yet?

Frequent Visitor

Yes!  But not without a lot of headaches!

I was following the on-line help section to try and get Caller ID to work.  It said to turn off X1 box and unplug it and then reconnect it.  After doing this, the X1 box would not come back on...it had a red flashing power light on the front and the tv screen said "Waiting for download trigger".  After 3 phone calls to Comcast for help and 2 on-line chats with comcast, they finally sent a technician to my house - the next day (had to go without tv all that day and half the next).

The technician comes and does everything I did and still the same message. He even called another technician to come help him!  To make a long story short...and three (yes 3) X1 boxes (and 2 X1 remotes) later, theX1 box finally came on.  While the technician was here I asked about the caller ID and he laughed and said that "these boxes aren't gonna get caller ID.  I don't know why they tell people they will!"  

Anyway, after they left, I get a phone call and VOILA...MY CALLER ID WORKS!!!!!

Was it worth all the trouble, I don't know, but my problem ended up being the X1 box.  Good luck with yours!!!

Problem Solver

Carly104 wrote:

I was following the on-line help section to try and get Caller ID to work.  It said to turn off X1 box and unplug it and then reconnect it.  After doing this, the X1 box would not come back on...it had a red flashing power light on the front and the tv screen said "Waiting for download trigger".  After 3 phone calls to Comcast for help and 2 on-line chats with comcast, they finally sent a technician to my house - the next day (had to go without tv all that day and half the next).

The technician comes and does everything I did and still the same message. He even called another technician to come help him!  To make a long story short...and three (yes 3) X1 boxes (and 2 X1 remotes) later, theX1 box finally came on.  While the technician was here I asked about the caller ID and he laughed and said that "these boxes aren't gonna get caller ID.  I don't know why they tell people they will!"  

Was it worth all the trouble, I don't know, but my problem ended up being the X1 box.  Good luck with yours!!!

Interesting...must be a batch of bad X1 boxes?

Service Expert

MikeB39A wrote:

Carly104 wrote:

Interesting...must be a batch of bad X1 boxes?

More likely it is network/signal level issues....  unfortunately most tech's only look at 1 signal level and move on..   X1 is more complex and a complete check of signal levels ( up and down ) need to be within specifications or you WILL have a less than stellar experience with X1 and all of its apps/toys...

Good Luck!

-=Geek=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation