Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID on TV screen

New Poster

Caller ID on TV screen

I have both Comcast Infinity TV and Comcast home phone, but the caller ID does not come on the TV screen when the TV is on.

Cable Expert

Re: Caller ID on TV screen

You need to have a Triple Play package including TV, phone and internet.  You need to be in a Motorola or Pace equipped area. 

If you meet those conditions, then it can be escalated to get it fixed.  Post back that you have Motorola equipment.

If you have Scientific Atlanta or Cisco cable boxes, then it is not yet available to you, but is coming eventually.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

caller I D dont show up on monitor or TV worked fine on my old computer how do i turn off the snooze

New Poster

I just got my phone and internet 1/28/12.  I do not know how to get caller ID on my computer or my television. Also I am not sure what I got with the package.  Did I get antivirus suites for both of my computers?  What features do I have on my phone?  Did I get any extra channels on my television?

New Poster

I have all of the above and the callers name does not appear on my tv !

New Poster

How do I get incoming phone calls to diplay on the tv screen?

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

• Windows:
    • 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6 GHz or faster processor for netbooks
    • Microsoft® Windows® Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 3; Windows Server® 2003; Windows Server® 2008; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7
    • 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
  • MAC OS:
    • Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
    • Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7

Further information is available here:  http://www.adobe.com/products/air/systemreqs/.

Please note that older versions of Windows (including the 9x family and NT), Windows Vista Home Basic and older versions of the Mac OS (including 10.1.X, 10.2.X and 10.3.X as well as OS 9.x) are not supported

Go into your control panel and remove the UCID client and re-install the program and make a test call to see if it works, If it does not please let me know and I can investigate this further for you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

tgreen1917 --
Do you still have the Welcome package that the technician left for you? Everything about your services is in that kit. U will have another one sent out to you as well as a channel line up that shows all the channels you have in your package.

UCID:

The boxes you currently have are not eligible for Universal Caller ID/TV. You will need to swap out your boxes, we would place a code on your account and provision this feature to work with your services. 

In order to take advantage of UCID on your computer, You must download and install a small client program.  Versions are available for all supported operating systems, including both Windows and Macintosh.

The UCID client is available at http://xfinity.com/callerid/.

The following minimum requirements apply:

• Customers MUST either have the latest version of Adobe Air installed or be willing to install this software.  Customers with an older version of Air, or who do not have Air installed will be prompted to upgrade when they download and install the client.
  • Windows:
    • 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6 GHz or faster processor for netbooks
    • Microsoft® Windows® Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 3; Windows Server® 2003; Windows Server® 2008; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7
  • MAC OS:
    • Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
    • Mac OS X v10.6 or v10.7

Further information is available here:  http://www.adobe.com/products/air/systemreqs/.

Please note that older versions of Windows (including the 9x family and NT), Windows Vista Home Basic and older versions of the Mac OS (including 10.1.X, 10.2.X and 10.3.X as well as OS 9.x) are not supported.

CHSI:

You may download Norton only or Comcast constant guard, Both are free to comcast customers by using your Comcast email address to log in.

Norton Only: http://xfinity.com/Norton/

Constant guard: http://xfinity.com/constantguard/

MAC: http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGMAC/

Constant guard product information: http://xfinity.com/constantguard/)

CDV:

The features that are on your CDV phone line, please click this link:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/phone-quick-reference-guide/

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/

If you need specific information as far as promotions, prices, eligibility for channels it would be best for you to call in to customer care so that they can give you market specific information available for your account.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

1elum---

Your current cable boxes are not compatible and will require a swap so that we can add the proper codes to your account and get this feature to work on your account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Problem Solver

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
Regular Visitor

it worked on my old p c

New Poster

my callerid will not show up on my tv.

New Poster

Caller ID not showing on TV screen monitor, or Xfinity connect

I just switched to the triple play and added voice/connect on 12/1, but I do not see the Caller ID on my TV's, computer, or ipad when I receive a call

What do I need to do to get this fixed?

Regular Visitor

I upgraded to triple play months ago. I originally had caller ID showing on my TV. Then Comcast did some service upgrade to everyone and since then caller ID has not shown on the TV. I was online with different tech support personnel and on the phone with them. They said they reset something etc. And would show up on the TV in 24 hours etc. Well it didn't. Was told this a few times. Very frustrating.

New Poster

SAME HERE, 3 WEEKS AND I'm STILL WAITING FOR RESET!!!  WISH I COULD SPEAK TO AN AMERICAN NEXT TIME I HAVE TO CALL.

New Poster

I have triple play and caller ID does not show up on my TV

New Poster

Have Triple Play and Motorola box.

New Poster

I've had Internet & Cable for several years and I just started my phone service with the understanding that I could get Caller ID on the TV. Is this not true?

New Poster

We have a motorola box #dcx3400

New Poster

yes,i would like the caller id to my tv screen, also text messaging however that works,

New Poster

We can not get caller ID on TV screen, we have a motorola box # dcx3400

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats