Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID on PC

New Poster

Caller ID on PC

I have not been able to log onto caller ID on my computer for the past few days. It was working fine, but now it won't connect or allow me to log in. Before it started this, it constantly disconnected itself.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on PC

I'm seeing the following message on the login page of the caller id tool: "Connection Error: Service temporarily unavailable. [CIDPC 070]".

Regular Visitor

I'm also experiencing "log in failed" as I try to install for 1st time on my computer. Hopefully someone from Comcast monitors this and will help both of us?

Regular Visitor

I don't think anyone does monitor the problems. it's a scam.

Regular Contributor

I will investigate this issues and give you an update as soon as possible. Please let me know if any other symptoms you may encounter.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Regular Visitor

I keep getting an Xfinity caller ID black screen off and on while using the computer. It just pops up on the screen. Why does this happen? Also, since I switched to Xfinity in Nov.2011 my computer has crashed many times. I try to correct the situation but it is hit or miss. I will call Comcast and set up an appointment . I only hope that they send someone to my house to get the bug out of the system. I have TriplePlay and that works fine but the PC has been a pain for months now. So much so that I do very little on the PC except what is necessary. I hope someone can fix this.

New Poster

I have the same problem and Comcast technicians have been unable to solve it. I neither get the callers ID on my computer or TV. It worked in the past, until the latest update. I believe the cause is my OS which is Windows 7, Home Edition 64 bit. Any ideas ComputerVic?

Frequent Visitor

same here mine haven,t worked not once

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem and Comcast technicians have been unable to solve it. I neither get the callers ID on my computer or TV. It worked in the past, until the latest update. I believe the cause is my OS which is Windows 7, Home Edition 64 bit. Any ideas ComputerVic?

Z2Z, please make sure you computer has adobe air and that it is up to date. You can download it here --> http://get.adobe.com/air/. As for the issue with the ITV, this is still an ongoing issue and is being worked on.

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Frequent Visitor

i dont think it ever worked for anyone

New Poster

Comcast Vic, I have the latest version of Adobe Air on my system. Before the latest update my caller ID worked like it should, even with the Windows 7 64bit. If possible, could the earlier version of Caller ID be made available for download.

New Poster

Update: Mine is now working (as of 5:30 on 6/7/12).  I don't know if it was coincidence, but I had opened an online chat yesterday with Comcast Tech Support regarding a problem with not being able to access my voicemail option through the internet.  They had to escalate that and it was fixed later that day (I did not mention the caller Id problem).  Just for fun, I tried the caller id and it worked.  So, there is hope.

Frequent Visitor

Well mine never have

Frequent Visitor

it never worked it was just another way too make you happy

Regular Visitor

caller ID on pc log in failed

Frequent Visitor

mine never worked help me to

New Poster

seems like they do not want to fix the problem i have spent hours with them, nothing has helped. the thing i did not like was the techs leaving me hanging on my computer waiting for their reply 30 to 45 minutes hopeing something was going on to fix the problem.

New Poster

comcast vic when you try to download adobe air constant guard says it is unsafe any answers to that?

Frequent Visitor

just turn off you anti virus software like before it been 2 year,s my id havent worked to this day an i dont think it ever will.

New Poster

comcastvic any answers yet having chatted with 4 of your techs & did all they stated still no solution are you still investigating?

New Poster

Can't decide between one of two things. Either:

1) Comcast technicians has been working on the problem for 1 year and 4 months.

-or-

2) Comcast technicians have been directed to focus their attention elsewhere because upper management doesn't quite know where to begin with all the other problems in their service.

Pure speculation, mind you.

New Poster

I have been able to get the caller ID installed and working on my PC, but I would like to make some changes and can't seem to find a way to make them (where are the "customize" options?

I'm vision impaired, so I would like the caller ID "pop-up" window larger and have it appear in the center of my PC display.  Is this possible?

Next, I'l like to disable the infernal musical alert.  Is this possible?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation