Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Caller ID on PC works intermittently

Frequent Visitor

Caller ID on PC works intermittently

I am having mixed success/failure with caller ID on my Windows 8.1 PC.  It is pretty nice when it works.  I don't have to leave my desk to look at the phone and I can ignore many calls.  When I boot my PC and login, the pop-up usually works ok if I get a call in the first hour or two.  However, I often leave the PC and lock the interface.  When I open the session again (unlock the interface), the caller ID pop-up usually does not work.  I have it set to be on top and to play a sound.  Nothing happens when the phone rings!  Moreover, sometimes the caller ID cannot connect to the wi-fi (it seems to test (?) the connection often) and when it does that, it sometimes loses the ability to reconnect.  It puts up a message that there are wrong credentials.  I restart the caller ID program and it connects fine with no new credentials.  So my problem is that the program is not set-and-forget as it should be.  If there is an error condition detected, then a numbered error message should be displayed for the technician.  On another front, the program interface (not the pop-up) seems to want to stay on the display.  This is a smaller problem, but is annoying nonetheless.  If I minimize it, I would like it to remain minimized.  Possibly this annoyance is a side effect of the failures described above.  I would be interested to hear if others are seeing, or have fixed this issue.  Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Caller ID on PC works intermittently

I am having the same issue...any reslolution???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation