Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID X1 Voice

Regular Visitor

Caller ID X1 Voice

Comcast customers (friends, family, co-workers) who have the Caller ID feature activated on their X1 cable boxes tell me that my cell phone number displays to their TV and phones connected to Comcast service w/ my proper cell phone number but the display name that is associated w/ it is incorrect.  I need to see how to get this corrected.  When Comcast does a lookup for the name w/ number is this an in-house database that it pulls this info from or do you use a third party vendor for names?  I did some google searching and saw folks were reaching out in the past to a company called Neustar for Caller ID (CNAM) resolution.  Can anyone please offer assistance here?  I've called my cell phone provider and Comcast tech support several times and not getting anywhere.  there apparently doesn't seem to be a Knowledgebase Article available to your support staff since they appear to not understand what I am asking.  Hoping a tech savvy technician can view this and offer guidance! thanks...

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Caller ID X1 Voice

00HelpMe00 wrote:

Comcast customers (friends, family, co-workers) who have the Caller ID feature activated on their X1 cable boxes tell me that my cell phone number displays to their TV and phones connected to Comcast service w/ my proper cell phone number but the display name that is associated w/ it is incorrect.  I need to see how to get this corrected.  When Comcast does a lookup for the name w/ number is this an in-house database that it pulls this info from or do you use a third party vendor for names?  I did some google searching and saw folks were reaching out in the past to a company called Neustar for Caller ID (CNAM) resolution.  Can anyone please offer assistance here?  I've called my cell phone provider and Comcast tech support several times and not getting anywhere.  there apparently doesn't seem to be a Knowledgebase Article available to your support staff since they appear to not understand what I am asking.  Hoping a tech savvy technician can view this and offer guidance! thanks...

I found a "Solved" Topic that contained information on contacting Neustar for the CallerId resolution here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Features/SOLUTION-TO-CORRECT-CALLER-ID-SHOWS-WRONG-NAME/m-p/2349195

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, both the phone number and email address in the thread for Neustar do no longer work.  Tried them both.  Got a underliverable email bounceback and "call can not be completed as dialed" Smiley Sad

Service Expert

00HelpMe00,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi 00HelpMe00, I apologize for your experiences, I can take a look at this caller ID and forward to the right team accordingly.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation