Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Caller ID Shows up wrong

New Poster

Caller ID Shows up wrong

I ordered a cell new phone number 6 months ago from AT&T. They have my caller I'd correct, but when I call anyone with a Comcast account (including my own home phone) my caller ID shows as someone else. This problem is obviously with Comcast as my number shows correctly when I call people with other service providers like CenturyLink. I've called Comcast Customer Service and no one seems to be able or willing to help. They keep sending my back to my wireless carrier. It's obviously not an issue with AT&T when my I'd is correct with other carriers. This is an issue with Comcasts database. Can someone help me?
New Poster

Re: Caller ID Shows up wrong

We have had the same problem with my husband's cell phone.  I spoke to AT&T several times about this problem.  They sent the problem to Comcast and it was fixed through them for a short time.  Now it is back to the previous name on the account.  AT&T said that most times Comcast will not be bothered with it.  As far as it showing up correct on the other carriers they probably have you name and number in their phones so that it does show you are the caller.  I don't know how it can be resolved but I would think that is AT&T problem more so than Comcast since the previous name on the account came from them.   I would think that this could become an identity theft problem for the former person that had the account.  I have often thought about trying to locate the person whose name comes up.  Good Luck!!

I think they are all passing the buck.

Regular Visitor

Re: Caller ID Shows up wrong

I have not had any luck with my landline number listing. It is listed with someone else. I have been assigned a new number, not once, but TWICE, and now show all three numbers, but only the first as active. When I call the first assigned number, my landline does ring. But I do feel bad for the poor sap who either doesn't receive his calls or is getting mine.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation