Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Caller ID Displays Incorrect Name

New Poster

Caller ID Displays Incorrect Name

I've been a Comcast Customer for 4 months and have had this issue with my residential phone since day 1. Unfortunately, when making outgoing personal phone calls, the incorrect name shows so the other end won't answer. I've read the threads on this forum from a few years ago stating to contact Neustar. I've left the voice message several times but nothing happened so I emailed them and got a response that they won't work with end-users and that the carrier would need to make the request. I contacted Comcast customer service, and of course no one knows what I'm talking about. Finally the issue gets escalated to Tier 2 and I get promised by 3 different reps that they'll contact Neustar/Targus and they'll call me back the next day. Did I ever receive a call back? Of course not!!! Not ONCE!! When I followed-up myself, I was told that the contact with Neustar was made and Neustar confirmed they updated their database, however my outgoing caller ID was still incorrect. Needless to say, this issue was NEVER resolved -- even working with several Tier 2 techs who "owned" the issue and one who closed the ticket without even making sure the issue was resolved. Nice to pay for a service for 4 months that has no purpose and the only way to resolve it was to get a new phone number that wasn't associated with anyone else's name or business. Can't wait until my contract with Comcast is up, because I'm done! May not even wait that long as the early termination fee is 1 month's bill anyway!  So not worth the frustration!

Service Expert

Re: Caller ID Displays Incorrect Name

Makosa,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Hi Makosa -- I had a look at this Caller ID issue to see what's going on. I verified that this was updated on our systems to display your name correctly. Any Comcast line you call will display your name right. If your name continues to display incorrectly when calling other lines owned by other carriers, then those carriers would need to update this information in their databases. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Highlighted
New Poster

I too have run into this issue when calling Comcast clients. I've tried for 4 years to get it right on the Comcast caller ID database. I was initially told that the problem was with my mobile carrier (T-Mobile) but it is NOT. I've verified this multiple times.

I can't stress enough how problematic this is, as my mobile phone number is also my business phone number. It's what anyone who looks us up online sees. We own a contracting business and it's tripled in size over the past few years. When I call ahead to confirm appointments, (ONLY COMCAST CUSTOMERS USING CALLER ID) ask me who this person is that pops up. The answer is I have no idea. I've gone through virtually every online site making sure that our listing was correct and I am still having this problem. I was told a year ago to do this by a Comcast tech.

To reiterate, this only happens with Comcast. How do I fix this problem!? Please help!
Frequent Visitor

My outgoing calls show wrong I'd on other end and I also when I call home phone ftpm my cell phone wrong name shows up
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation