Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Call ID - area to improve

New Poster

Call ID - area to improve

I would like to suggest the Call ID area (Anonymous Calls and Call Screening) be improved:

Would like to have an approved list of numbers instead of of a list of blocked numbers.  You know the phone numbers you will accept calls - you do not always know the phone numbers you do not want to receive calls from - normally you will want to block more than 12 calls which the system currently allows.  Your current system seems to be backwards.

Would like to have a contacts list which you can edit phone information - instead of showing Unknown information  - you should be able to edit information.  This way the summary would show the proper contact information for phone calls.  AT&T cell phone has this service, so the technology is available.

This would be a great upgrade to your current system.

Email Expert

Re: Call ID - area to improve

Unless you're a real recluse, I would expect you to have lots of numbers you'll accept calls from. All your friends and relatives, both their home and cell phones. All the companies you do business with. What about if someone you know is calling you from a pay phone, or they're borrowing someone else's phone?

I think call blocking is mostly intended for when a particular caller is harrassing you or being a nuisance. Do you really have more than a dozen people bothering you like this?

If you want to block telemarketers, the best way is probably to put your number in the national Do Not Call Registry. This will block sales calls, but not political or survey calls.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

lucy05 wrote:
I would like to suggest the Call ID area (Anonymous Calls and Call Screening) be improved:

normally you will want to block more than 12 calls which the system currently allows. 

I would have to agree with this part of the statement.  Why can't / won't Comcast allow more than 12?  I just switched from a VoIP service that allowed what seemed to be unlimited numbers to be added to blocked list.

Email Expert

Why do you need to block so many callers?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

It has been my experience that banks and other financial institutions share and/or sale lists with people I don't do business with, nor do I want to be contacted by (even though I opt-out and have registered on the National DNC).  Get on a charitable donation list and see how many unwanted phone calls you get (exempt from DNC). I have received numerous calls from 800 service numbers and usually research the number at whocalled.us.  If it is someone I do not want to receive calls from, add the number to the blocked list.  Many of these solicitous firms have "multiple revolving"  numbers so just when you think you have blocked the number, they call from another number ( I had one that I found 15 different numbers).  I know you can ask to  "take me off your list"... yeah, like that works....they still call at dinner time.
Look, I know I probably did something wrong along the way by providing my phone number in the first place, but the technology exists to remedy my error and I don't understand why there is a limit of 12 with Comcast when other providers seem to be unlimited.
I guess that's what I get for not being a recluseSmiley Wink
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation