Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Call Forwarding

Regular Visitor

Call Forwarding

I need to be able to forward my Comcast calls to another number. Other phone companies provide that feature. Comcast forwarding only permits another number to ring my Comcast number. 

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: Call Forwarding

cliffcleary2 wrote:

I need to be able to forward my Comcast calls to another number. Other phone companies provide that feature. Comcast forwarding only permits another number to ring my Comcast number. 

Comcast offer this feature.  See this link:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/phone/forward-calls-with-call-forwarding/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Geek46,

The material at your link is out-of-date.

I can get to the Call Forwarding site, but it does not let me forward calls coming to my HOME number to the OTHER number.

Rather, it forwards the OTHER number to my HOME number. See the picture below. That is NOT Call Forwarding. If you look at the instructions for using *72 for Call Forwarding item 3. says "Dial the number where you would like to have your calls forwarded." Certainly the web site should do the same thing.

Please report this subject to the proper group at Comcast.

Thank you.

CallForwarding.PNG

Service Expert

cliffcleary2,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

cliffcleary2, the site does give you 2 options, Selective call forwarding and the typical call forwarding. For the typical call forwarding you should add your number to the list. It will say something like this. You can have up to 4 phone numbers, including your XFINITY Voice number, ring when you get a call. Please make sure at least 1 phone number is active. If you want all calls to go to your cellphone, you have to add your number in the add option and set the number of rings. Once you do this the calls will still go to the home phone as well, if you do not want this to be the case you have to click on the check mark were it says status to disable calls to the home number. This will make all calls to go to your cellphone or the number you chose to forward. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation