Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Call Blocking not working

Contributor

Call Blocking not working

I want to block a phone number and it won't save. It says, "There was a problem saving." I've only blocked 9 numbers so far and the limit is 12.

Also, the phone connection drops at least twice a day.  During a conversation, it just drops. My internet of course goes out at the same time. 

I've had numerous techs over to my house about this. Do I have to keep having them come out?

Regular Visitor

Re: Call Blocking not working

I also have problems with Call Blocking.  I save numbers to Call Blocking and they work for a day or so and then those numbers are no longer blocked.  I go out to Call Blocking and all the numbers have been deleted.  This is very frustrating since the person that had my number before me left a lot of crediters that keep calling for that person.  I tell them that the person is no longer at the number and they ignore it.  Since Call Blocking is very unreliable, I may have to switch to another phone service to get reliable call blocking.

Contributor

I tried again today - again I get the message "There was a problem saving." Fix this or give me a credit!

New Poster

Same here. The number I have added still comes through.

Contributor

Right, that's the problem here too.   Blocked number is still getting thru.

Do you get the idea Comcast bit off more than they can chew with phone/voice?

We are still having intermittent issues with voice mail & I don't want to contact customer service again.

They should have just stuck with cable & internet.

No way we will trust them with security.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation