Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Call Blocking Problem

Contributor

Call Blocking Problem

Hello---hope I am in the right area--if not---pls refer me to the right one.

Anyway---I have both call blocking (*60) and NOMOREROBO. I really have to say they seem to work mostly pretty well. BUT----and it is a big BUT:

I have this number (IMC-------4125679346) that calls me anywhere from 1 to 3 times every day. It only rings one time and then stops. It shows "0" time on my missed call  listing online. I put this number on call block and reported it twice to NOMOREROBO----to no avail.

What I fail to understand is that when I reported this to comcast----their reply was that it is on the "blocked list" but unfortunately this robo caller found a way around the blocking. WHAT? In this day and age----a phone company cannot completely block any and all numbers and instances of numbers with some kind of wildcard, etc.?

Now---does anyone in here have the same problem or can explain to me in a way I can understand why this number cannot be totallyblocked?

What the sense in having call block if it can be scammed!

Peace--all

Service Expert

Re: Call Blocking Problem

magmaro wrote:

Hello---hope I am in the right area--if not---pls refer me to the right one.

Anyway---I have both call blocking (*60) and NOMOREROBO. I really have to say they seem to work mostly pretty well. BUT----and it is a big BUT:

I have this number (IMC-------4125679346) that calls me anywhere from 1 to 3 times every day. It only rings one time and then stops. It shows "0" time on my missed call  listing online. I put this number on call block and reported it twice to NOMOREROBO----to no avail.

What I fail to understand is that when I reported this to comcast----their reply was that it is on the "blocked list" but unfortunately this robo caller found a way around the blocking. WHAT? In this day and age----a phone company cannot completely block any and all numbers and instances of numbers with some kind of wildcard, etc.?

Now---does anyone in here have the same problem or can explain to me in a way I can understand why this number cannot be totallyblocked?

What the sense in having call block if it can be scammed!

Peace--all

ALL calls placed using specific equipment can be "spoofed" or "Changed" to include characters that a Call Blocking program cannot read in order to block it.  Comcast uses a system that read's the specific XXX-XXX-XXXX number to block it.  If the telemarketer uses IMC-------4125679346 the Call Blocking system reads the first entries which are IMC-------4 so it does not block the call.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Makes sense---so---my friend----how do I block it. OR----can I block it and why does it only ring once and stop. Any ideas??

Problem Solver

From what you have described, it sounds as if NoMoRobo is handling the call as it should since it rings only once.  Here is a link to a page on the NoMoRobo site that I found which hopefully will explain things a bit better than I can, https://nomorobo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200536477-How-does-Nomorobo-work-

If it is of any further help to you, I experieince the same type of thing with a few numbers where it will ring in one time and no more.  I know it is NoMoRobo working to block the call by intercepting it and hanging up as outlined in the article above.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Contributor

thx again for your help

Regular Visitor

Re: Call Blocking Problem,

yes im on the govt do not call registry & cant get rid of calls coming in; such as 000-000-0000 or 1925 (yes only 4 numbers on that one) theres more & they call @ 6 am or whenever. i have a great 2002 Uniden phone that does everything in english no ridiculous icons like stars, books, 3 dots or lines like this g-d windows 10. would love help or go back to the good old days

Regular Visitor

swell, glad my money is helping me ha ha

New Poster

I have used the phone blocking for a long time.  I block more than just telemarkters.

I added the nomorerobo thing.  I have not had any telemarketers get through, however, ever since, about once a day, the phone will ring just once.  I assume that is nomorerobo doing its thing.

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation