Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Call Blocking Enhancement Requests

New Poster

Call Blocking Enhancement Requests

I've read thousands of posts, replies, gripes, etc. about the lack of features of the call blocking and selective call forwarding features.  I think adding a simple feature to block using wildcards would be a HUGE advantage to people like me who want to block all but a few calls (i.e. block all 800 calls, 888, calls, etc.) 

Another great enhancement would be to set certain calls to go directly to voicemail so the caller can leave a message but not ring the phone.  This is useful for people who call alot but only occasionally leave a message - such as telemarketers, prank calls, etc.

Google voice has a great feature where you can tell it to only let calls come through during certain hours, i.e. you can set it up to send calls to voicemail after 8pm and before 8am.  Comcast should offer this too.

Having used other services like google voice, these features are possible and I would think comcast would like to incorporate them so as to stay competitve and keep their customers happy.  I've almost gotten to the point where I just turn off the ringer and checkl my voicemail every now and then. 

If others agree or have other suggestions please add them here.  If enough people repeat that they want these features maybe they'll get to the right person at comcast. 

New Poster

Re: Call Blocking Enhancement Requests

I agree i get more spammer calls  than i do anything else centurly link i was unlisted n we had spam block

<script id="overlay_tmpl" type="text/html">// <div id="<%= overlayId %>" class="_mp3rocket_overlay_style" style="left: <%= overlayLeft %>; top: <%= overlayTop %>; width: <%= overlayWidth %>; height: <%= overlayHeight %>"></div> // </script>
New Poster

I fully agree that there needs to be a call blocking mechanism added to our phone systems. I get call and repeat calls hourly sometimes. This is crazy! I would love to be able to block the numbers I do not want calling here!

New Poster

I heartily agree that the call blocking features should be enhanced.  Having 12 simultaneous blocked numbers is woefully inadequate to the task - should be at least three times that number.  It would also help to allow a "first in, first out" setting, so that even if my call blocking list is full, I can add a new number that automatically replaces the oldest one on the list (since call spammers frequently switch numbers).

Regular Visitor

Comcast has to improve their call blocking.

I would venture that 8 out of every 10 calls on our line come from the 202 area code.

Why is it the Comcast has the capability to record two television shows simutaneously, but cannot provide a feature to block an area code.

And why are we limited to 10 blocked calls.  

The telemarketers now use five to 10 rotating phone numbers per telemarketers.

Comcast should implement a "buddy list" of approved callers that we can identify.  all others can't get through unless they are on the buddy list.

New Poster

Totally agree that call blocking should be added by Comcast as governments' so-called "No Call" lists are now ineffectual against the technologies being employed by telemarketers.

New Poster

I too think that we need more then 12 numbers in the blocked list, as there are getting to be more and more calls from telemarketers which the "do not call list" is not paid any attention to. Also would be nice to have another colum that gives you the number of calls that were rejected from each number, when that number stops increasing then you ould be safe to remove it from the list and add others.

Regular Contributor

I to agree for more blocking by comcast. I have the call blocker that I paid $100 for and it's worth every penny. We get at least 3 to 5 out of area and unknown calls a day that comcast won't block, and then there are the credit companies that call all the time to find someone that doesn't live here! The blocker does it all!!

New Poster

Definitely, comcast should add the ability to block an area code or even better, wild cards. Time range block would be nice, though you can do that manually by unplugging the phone.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation