Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

CDV keeps dropping out apparently...

Regular Visitor

CDV keeps dropping out apparently...

My mom (senior citizen, poor health, etc...) keeps saying that her CDV service keeps dropping. However, except for one time, it has worked every time I got here to check it out. I did call tech support that one time (my mother refuses to call, even though the number to call is pretty easy to remember.. 404-COMCAST), and it came up while I was on hold, and the tech said the signals looked good at that particular moment.

Is there anyway to check the signal strength history to make sure the signals are good and stay good? My mom switched to Comcast Triple Play to save some money, but she is willing to back to paying more to back to AT&T to have reliable phone service again....
Regular Contributor

Re: CDV keeps dropping out apparently...

Dear jhaygood,

Unfortunately, I don’t know of a way for a subscriber to check their own signal levels without the proper equipment, but if your mother is indeed experiencing dropped calls, then there is definitely reason for concern. I also checked her signal levels from here and they look very normal, but if the problem continues, please contact us again (or email me directly) and ask the agent to please further troubleshoot the issue.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation