Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

CAN NOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS

New Poster

CAN NOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS

BEGINNING LAST MONDAY EVENING, 2/12/07, I LOST THE ABILITY TO CALL OUT USING MY COMCAST DIGITAL VOICE SERVICE.  I CAN STILL RECEIVE CALLS, HOWEVER, IT SEEMS MY VOICEMAIL IS NOT WORKING NOR IS MY CALL WAITING CALLER ID.  I CONTACTED COMCAST VIA THE WEBSITE ON TUESDAY MORNING, 2/13/07 AND WAS GIVEN A SERVICE TICKET NUMBER AND TOLD THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE CORRECTED WITHIN 53 HOURS.
WELL, IT IS NOW FRIDAY EVENING, 2/16/07 AND I STILL CAN NOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS.  I HAVE CONTACTED COMCAST SEVERAL TIMES NOW, TO LET THEM KNOW THE 53 HOURS PASSED AND I STILL HAVE NO SERVICE.  I WAS TOLD, LAST NIGHT, THAT I WOULD BE PUT ON A PRIORITY LIST USUALLY RESERVED FOR THOSE WITH MEDICAL PROBLEMS AND THAT THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE CORRECTED WITH HOURS OR I WOULD BE CONTACTED BY A TECH IF IT COULD NOT BE FIXED INTERNALLY.  I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM ANY TECH, I STILL CAN'T CALL OUT AND IT'S BEEN ALMOST 24 HOURS SINCE I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE A MATTER OF HOURS.  WHEN I CONTACTED COMCAST EARLIER TODAY, I WAS INFORMED MY TICKET HAD THE "ASSIGNED" STATUS AND THAT THEY WERE WORKED ON IN THE ORDER RECEIVED. 
I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER DYING OF CANCER IN THE HOSPITAL AND NO WAY TO KEEP IN CONTACT.  I HAVE AN EXPENSIVE PREPAID CELL PHONE, USUALLY RESERVED ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD TO SPEND $45.00 ON PHONE CARDS THESE PAST COUPLE DAYS, AS IT IS NOW THE ONLY WAY I CAN MAKE OUTGOING CALLS.
I AM EXTREMELY DISGUSTED BY THE WAY I HAVE BEEN TREATED BY COMCAST.  IT DOES NOT SEEM TO ME THAT THEY CARE AT ALL ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR SERVICE **bleep**!!!  I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, EVER AND I AM WONDERING IF THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE BEING TREATED IN THE SAME REDICULOUS MANNER AS I HAVE BEEN?
New Poster

Re: CAN NOT MAKE OUTGOING CALLS

yes dont feel like you are the lone ranger! because ive been without service for 72 hours and counting and they do not know why i cant make calls or receive calls. and they really could care less!
Contributor

Hi phoneservice,

It appears that we have resolved your service issue. If you continue to experience any further problems, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for the post.

Bronze Problem Solver

Andrew_1 wrote:

Hi phoneservice,

It appears that we have resolved your service issue. If you continue to experience any further problems, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for the post.

This is a help forum and it would be useful to others to know what caused the issue and what the resolution was. I'm sure this could have been achieved without posting private details of the OP. Why post your response in this help forum? Your response might as well have been emailed to the poster with the problem.
Contributor

Hi FishMan,

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. Unfortunately in this case there was not much that the general public could glean from the resolution to this issue. Phoneservice was contacted about the status of his account and the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for the post!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation