Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

CALLER ID ON PC

Frequent Visitor

CALLER ID ON PC

PC caller ID works about 10 to 15% of the time. Can't connect now, Service not available, CIDPC 070, BS,BS,BS!!! One blogger said Comcast tech said Norton firewall was at fault. I reset the firewall to accept Xfinity caller ID. NO EFFECT!!! STILL 10 TO 15%! C'mon Comcast fix this joke or cancel it!!!

Frequent Visitor

Re: CALLER ID ON PC

Now I set Norton firewall to accept Adobe AIR and PCCID - AND PC caller ID says "UNABLE TO CONNECT. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER." after being on for less than an hour ------ I ask ---- is this a joke or WHAT?????  WHAT IS THE POINT???? IT DOESN'T WERK!!!!

WD___ wrote:

PC caller ID works about 10 to 15% of the time. Can't connect now, Service not available, CIDPC 070, BS,BS,BS!!! One blogger said Comcast tech said Norton firewall was at fault. I reset the firewall to accept Xfinity caller ID. NO EFFECT!!! STILL 10 TO 15%! C'mon Comcast fix this joke or cancel it!!!

New Poster

I Agree with other writers , caller I D is a JOKE , have uninstalled several times ,have the same problems . Lets get this fixed .   FRIAR T.

WD___ wrote:

Contributor

Caller Id App says same thing here ........."Cannot connect please try again later." ,,,,,,,,,,,And I dont even use norton firewall it is broke and needs to be fixed comcast!!.

Frequent Visitor

Same here "unable to connect.  tryagain later"

New Poster

I am having the same problem with Caller ID on my pc.   I called Comcast.   Some woman told me she reset it but I would have to wait up to 72 hours for it to take effect and not to try using it until it went through.  Well....dummy me....I waited the 72 hours and, of course, IT DOES NOT WORK.  I don't know what we can do to get through to them unless we start picketing their offices!!!   COMCAST:    FIX THIS!!!      

Regular Visitor

Got an email from Xfinity today, July 8, 2015.  Seems that they are discontinuing Caller ID on pc, effective August 1.

I would presume that Xfinity is unwilling to invest in actually fixing the problem, or assigning IT staff to address the problem(s). 

Much simpler discontinue the thing that customers are paying for and complaining about, rather than fix the problem.

Either way the complaints stop, discontinuing Caller ID on PC is obviously, the less expensive option for Xfinity. 

From the email:

We're discontinuing
Caller ID to the PC
Comcast Customer, after careful consideration, we've decided to discontinue the Caller ID to the PC feature. Starting August 10, 2015, Caller ID to the PC will no longer work. No action is required from you. To uninstall this feature, please refer to the instructions for your computer's operating system.

Rest assured, with XFINITY® Voice service you can still access caller ID from:
Your compatible home phone
Any compatible mobile device using the XFINITY Connect app for iOS and Android, which is available to download
for free here.
Or, on your TV, if you have XFINITY TV Digital Starter service or above (on compatible set-top boxes only, check to see if yours is compatible here).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
Official Employee

Greenline07 wrote:

Got an email from Xfinity today, July 8, 2015.  Seems that they are discontinuing Caller ID on pc, effective August 1.

I would presume that Xfinity is unwilling to invest in actually fixing the problem, or assigning IT staff to address the problem(s). 

Much simpler discontinue the thing that customers are paying for and complaining about, rather than fix the problem.

Either way the complaints stop, discontinuing Caller ID on PC is obviously, the less expensive option for Xfinity. 

From the email:

We're discontinuing
Caller ID to the PC
Comcast Customer, after careful consideration, we've decided to discontinue the Caller ID to the PC feature. Starting August 10, 2015, Caller ID to the PC will no longer work. No action is required from you. To uninstall this feature, please refer to the instructions for your computer's operating system.

Rest assured, with XFINITY® Voice service you can still access caller ID from:
Your compatible home phone
Any compatible mobile device using the XFINITY Connect app for iOS and Android, which is available to download
for free here.
Or, on your TV, if you have XFINITY TV Digital Starter service or above (on compatible set-top boxes only, check to see if yours is compatible here).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Just posted some details in the thread:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Caller-ID-to-the-PC-Decommission-Notifications/td-p...