Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Blocking a phone #

ANSWERED
New Poster

Blocking a phone #

We have been getting multiple calls from a repeated # in Los Angeles, CA , to the point it is annoying. At first my husband did answer but there is no one there..the calls keep coming, we don't answer now.  We want to block that #.  How do we block that #?

Accepted Solution

Re: Blocking a phone #

'thank you', geek46!

View answer in context
Service Expert

Kworley6402 wrote:

We have been getting multiple calls from a repeated # in Los Angeles, CA , to the point it is annoying. At first my husband did answer but there is no one there..the calls keep coming, we don't answer now.  We want to block that #.  How do we block that #?

The easiest way to block a call is to log into your accont onlne and goto:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice

Clcik on Call Blocking and add the number there....   you can easily manage this in the future for your needs ( add/delete ).

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The process described for blockiung a phone numbe may work, but is inadequate.  I get calls from many numbers - telemarketers often disguise their actualk numbers - and numbers that can't be blocked because they register as something like "Unavailable 927".  If I tried to list all thenumbers I wanted blcoked I would exceed the allowance  - 10 or maybe 20 number - and the list would be obsolete within a week.  

There is software available that is simpler and easier. Please offer it - without additional charge!

Service Expert

prhunt2005 wrote:

The process described for blockiung a phone numbe may work, but is inadequate.  I get calls from many numbers - telemarketers often disguise their actualk numbers - and numbers that can't be blocked because they register as something like "Unavailable 927".  If I tried to list all thenumbers I wanted blcoked I would exceed the allowance  - 10 or maybe 20 number - and the list would be obsolete within a week.  

There is software available that is simpler and easier. Please offer it - without additional charge!

I agree with you and currently the number is 25 that tyou can block using the Call Blocking feature.   Many users subscribe also to a free servuice at www.nomorobo.com which is compatible with Comcast Digital Voice Service.

Therre are also models of phones available which offer independent call blocking internally within the phones.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

'thank you', geek46!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation