Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Blocking Options - High Time for More

Regular Visitor

Blocking Options - High Time for More

I'd like to know when Comcast is going to increase the limit on the number of phone numbers we can list under the Call Screening feature.  I used up my 12 spaces LONG ago but the # of idiots who persist in trying to get people's credit card numbers with fake offers like the infamous "low interest rate" scam continues to grow....they multiply like sewer rats.  They are a huge nuisance, calling every single day from the same numbers and usually hanging up by the time you answer or hanging up in your face before you can get out the first two words of "please don't call again."  Registering with DoNotCall.gov does no good anymore.  The automatic dialers they use apparently don't have blocking capabilities or they're just too lazy to use it.

Another idea would be something like 1800notes.com has (for example), except just for Comcast customers. When posts are searchable and arranged by the offending phone number, it's easy to see what each scammer's game is and how many customers they are bothering.  When those complaints reach a certain number, perhaps Comcast could block that number from calling ANYONE on their service.  I mean we can send people to the moon and sophistoctaed roving laboratories to Mars, it MUST be possible.

Otherwise, consider giving us more than 12 slots in Call Screening.  Please give us back some control!  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: Blocking Options - High Time for More

It's 800notes.com........no "1"......sorry.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation