Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Blocking Calls Is it 12 or 25

New Poster

Blocking Calls Is it 12 or 25

Xfinity allows customers to block a measily 12 callers from Voice Mail Preferences.  Several months ago I called to comlain and asked why Xfinity-Comcast was limited this service to just 12.  I wasn't expecting an answer, but I asked that it be escalated.  Lo and behold a month or so later, on their web-site in the block caller area was a notice from Comcast:  "You can block 25 callers!" Amazed for a moment I tried entering the 13th number.   No Dice... Error Message:  "There was a problem saving".  So now I am doing a slow burn, and call customer service.  Guess what I am told?  You can only block 12 calls!  "But the website says 25?".

Doesn't matter, you can only block 12.

So about once per month I find a moment to log into my account, and sure enough it still says you can block 25, but when I try I get the same error message which promps me to call customer service, who then repeats the mantra... "You can only block 12 calls" Oh and here's a dandy.... The rep says you cannot block 800 #s!  Are you kidding me, do you think my next door neighbor is robo calling me?  The calls always come from 800 type numbers.

I ask the rep if he can actually see the area of the web where is specifically states 25 calls.  Answer: No not without my password!  Unbelievable.  So now I get a supervisor who confirms not only can you not block 25, but 800 numbers van't be blocked.  Good Grief!

New Poster

Re: Blocking Calls Is it 12 or 25

A very frustrating company for sure.  I just checked this and on mine under Xfinity Voice Features:  Call Screening - mine does state 12 entries maximum.   It must be something inputted by region or similar?  My area is near Seattle, WA.  Hope they get yours corrected soon.  Good luck.

Valued Contributor

Re: Blocking Calls Is it 12 or 25

I can block 25 numbers. Couldn't do it from the website last month but I could by dialing *60 from the phone. Now I can do it from the website also. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation