Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Answering machine

New Poster

Answering machine

I want to use my answering machine, not comcast voicemail. Please advise
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Answering machine

Call them and tell them to disable voice mail. Use the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast.

Regular Visitor

wanted to use my answering machine also and I went thru the same thing and it keeps going back to there answering machine, This is an ongoing problem, I have missed important calls because of it.  I'm beginning to think that the price they charge it should be working properly, Not Happy Customer with their service Smiley Sad

Problem Solver

My answering machine is set to answer calls after 3 rings. It works fine. The Comcast Voice answering system only kicks in when someone is on the phone. That is probably because it is set to answer after 5 rings. In other words my machine will get first crack at answering calls because it is set to answer after fewer calls than Comcast Voice does.

To check this for Comcast Voice log into your online Comcast account and select:

Call Forwarding and Rings
Send calls to voice mail after: [5 rings]

Regular Visitor

I have done that now the problem is I can't get into the voicemail to see the message left on ur service, or get rid of the blinking on my phone, any help would be appreciated

Problem Solver

I have never bothered to set up my voicemail to use directly with the phone so I can't comment on that. That is because I normally use my own answering machine.

However Comcast voicemail does kick in if someone calls while I am on the phone. After that someone can leave a message on Comcast voicemail. When I hang up I see a red light blinking on the phone. To handle this I use my computer to log onto my account for Comcast. I then then select the Voicemail tab. After I listen to the voicemail the red light on the phone stops blinking.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation