Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Advanced Call Forwarding unavailable

Frequent Visitor

Advanced Call Forwarding unavailable

I signed up for NoMoRoBo today (of course Verizon Wireless hasn't gotten with the program yet), and I tried setting it up for my Xfinity Voice account. I downloaded the Xfinity Connect app to my iPhone, set it up, etc, and the nomorobo test failed.

I discovered that I had to turn on Advanced Call Forwarding for the NoMoRoBo number (a 202 number), but it said that Advanced Call Forwarding was not currently available. Only Selective Call Forwarding is.

Does anyone have any info on when Advanced Call Forwarding will be available again? I get way too many spam calls and would really like nomorobo to work, especially since I can't get it on my cell phone, either.

Additionally, Comcast business landline accounts can't get hooked up with nomorobo yet. Our office gets TONS of calls, so it would be awesome if Comcast would support business clients, too. Does anyone have any info on when that will be available?

Thanks in advance!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Advanced Call Forwarding unavailable

You need to enable or Activate Voice 2 Go to get the Advanced call forwarding feature. You can active from your mobile device with the Connect App or they (Comcast) may have to turn it up for you. Good luck with everything else though. I have been going around in circles now for 2-3 weeks and about a dozen chat sessions trying to get Advanced Call Forwarding features to work with no luck. Incredibly frustrating. The directions make it look so easy but there is more to it.

Frequent Visitor

I did activate it :-/ I'm guessing I'll have to call customer service, and, as you say, I still may have issues. Thanks for your help, though!
Frequent Visitor

Good luck. If you get it to work. PLEASE post the solution. I have pages of transcripts from chats with support trying to get this resolved. From what I was last told, its not enough to just enable Voice 2 Go and add the Nomorobo phone number on the list of phones to ring like the directions say. That is exactly what I did and the Nomorobo test keeps failing. The last person I talked to at Comcast said I have to create a secondary account and assign it a virtual phone number. Also told me that you can only have mobile devices that run the Connect App on them ring when your primary phone rings. I am more interested in getting the Nomorobo to work than anything else so if you get it working, please let me know what you did.

New Poster

I have not signed up for nomorobo (don't really need it...wish it blocked POLITICAL ads, they're driving me crazy...) anyhow, looking at the signin process, you MAY need to send that inviation link to your comcast.net email.  Not sure but they seem to be placing a lot of weight on making sure they have the correct account email, going so far as to say "if email not correct, get a new invite"...let me know if that improves things.

New Poster

I've completely given up on Nomorobo because of the inability to activate Voice 2go.  I was on the phone twice yesterday with two Comcast agents probably from India, neither of which I could understand, and wound up hanging up on both of them because we were getting nowhere.  I then did the on-line chat thing with another one who wrote up a ticket promising to get back with me and never did.  This is my third attempt at trying to get this activated without success so I'm going to go back to doing what I did before--turn the ringer on the phone off and check it at the end of the day.  The standing rule in my house is that if it's important they will leave a message and we never answer any number we're not familiar with.  For the life of me I can't figure out why Comcast can't seem to get this issue resolved since it's causing so many problems for so many people.

Frequent Visitor

Hey, in case anyone's still following this, I got a spam call tonight on my Comcast voice line (that awesome "your computer running Windows is screaming for help" scam), which made me revisit setting up nomorobo.<br><br>It took me a while to get to Advanced Call Forwarding (WHICH IS NOW OPERATIONAL, YAY!!!) because the Comcast instructions for it were not correct (they kept sending me to e-mail preferences, which contained nothing for voice preferences), but here's how I got there.<br><br>Log in and go to "My Account." Click on "My Services," then click on "Manage" under "XFinity Voice." Click on "Additional Voice Settings," then click on "Edit" to the right of "Advanced Call Forwarding." Once it loads, if you click on "Add," you should be able to add the nomorobo number and do the test call.<br><br>As long as you've activated Voice 2go, even if you've deleted the app, it should work. It worked on my first try tonight, and if even called my Comcast number from my cell phone to make sure I wasn't somehow forwarding all calls to nomorobo. (It worked.)<br><br>Honestly the hardest part was finding the dang Advanced Call Forwarding settings using their instructions. I should have gone rogue for the start!<br><br>Anyhow I'm glad it's back up and running, and I cleared out my phone's internal call block list, which still affords blocked numbers one ring, as a test of nomorobo. Hopefully I'll never get spam calls again!<br><br>I hope this helps some of you!
Frequent Visitor

Sorry for the annoying breaks in my previous message. I wrote d.a.m.n. instead of "dang," and it told me I used a bad word. When I changed it so that I could post, it did this.

Here it is in a more readable format:

Hey, in case anyone's still following this, I got a spam call tonight on my Comcast voice line (that awesome "your computer running Windows is screaming for help" scam), which made me revisit setting up nomorobo.

It took me a while to get to Advanced Call Forwarding (WHICH IS NOW OPERATIONAL, YAY!!!) because the Comcast instructions for it were not correct (they kept sending me to e-mail preferences, which contained nothing for voice preferences), but here's how I got there.<br><br>Log in and go to "My Account." Click on "My Services," then click on "Manage" under "XFinity Voice." Click on "Additional Voice Settings," then click on "Edit" to the right of "Advanced Call Forwarding." Once it loads, if you click on "Add," you should be able to add the nomorobo number and do the test call.

As long as you've activated Voice 2go, even if you've deleted the app, it should work. It worked on my first try tonight, and if even called my Comcast number from my cell phone to make sure I wasn't somehow forwarding all calls to nomorobo. (It worked.)

Honestly the hardest part was finding the dang Advanced Call Forwarding settings using their instructions. I should have gone rogue for the start!<br><br>Anyhow I'm glad it's back up and running, and I cleared out my phone's internal call block list, which still affords blocked numbers one ring, as a test of nomorobo. Hopefully I'll never get spam calls again!

I hope this helps some of you!
Frequent Visitor

Did you test using the nomorobo.com web site? I can't get their test to pass. It rings twice and tells me my setup is incorrect. I have been going around in circles on this for months now. I just gave up. After untold ridiculous chat sessions, sending emails that don't get answered, support people that do not call back, I just gave up. Only thing that sparked my interest was your post. Also, my Connect App does not work. I don't get notifications when I get a call at home. It did work some months back and then stopped. Never worked again.

As for the instructions, there are various ways to get to the Call Forwarding options. They all lead to the Advanced Call Forwarding where you input your phone number(s) of additional phones you want to ring when you get a call at home. For mine, I have my cell and the nomorobo number. I still get crank calls so its not working still. For all the money I pay Comcast a month, I would be happy if just this one feature worked but it does not. Maybe its my phone or the area I am in. Very frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Advanced Call Forwarding Unavailable

For two weeks I have been unable to setup or access Advanced Call Forwarding under Voice Preferences. When I login and go to voice preferences, the code below loads next to Advance Call Forwarding.

Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer::render: Unable to render template "plaxo/voice/hybridCallForwarding"; resolver could not resolve to a file

I've called Tech Support several times and finally asked a rep to submit a trouble ticket "CR387475634"

Still not fixed.

New Poster

Re: Advanced Call Forwarding Unavailable

Did you ever get the call forwarding issue resolved? I have spent half the morning with tech support and they have not been abke to help

Cable Expert
Moved:

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

I just went through this and was confused on how to get nomorobo working as well.  Comcast reps seem to be just a tad misleading on this, I suspect they are protecting all those politicians and businesses that pay them money to ring our phones all night.

To activiate Voice 2go you have to install the application on a smartphone.  You do not have to leave the application on the smartphone, once you have the service enabled, you can delete the application.  You are not going to get Voice 2go setup unless you set it all the way up on a smartphone.

Once that is done, Advance Call forwarding will appear in your My Account pages.

This must cost comcast a bit of money as it turns on VOIP processing for your phone line.  

Nomorobo seems to be blocking political calls.  Once I go to nomorobo and add a recent number, they stop ringing pretty soon after that.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation