Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Account is Restricted on all Outgoing Calls

New Poster

Account is Restricted on all Outgoing Calls

Has anyone come across this before with not being able to make any outgoing calls?  I have been getting this for a week now and I keep getting transferred around. Tech support wants to blame Billing, but Billing wants to blame tech support.  I have a negative balance on my account because Comcast has issued so many credits recently, but my phone still gives me the same "Your Account is restricted. Please dial 611 for assistance."  Internet, TV works fine. Phone does get dial tone.  Signal strength checked many times.  The usual "let's reboot the modem and that will make the message go away" was tried by tech support, for what reason I don't know.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

New Poster

Re: Account is Restricted on all Outgoing Calls

I am also getting the same situation.  This, after it took Comcast 2 months to port my number from Verizon. I am also getting the run-around, no one seems to be able to solve my problem.  They tried to blame it on my cordless phone.

New Poster

yes. this happened today to me after I upgraded to the new modem. I called twice and provided them with my infor. They told me that they have to have the engineers look into it and they should resove it between the hours of 5-9. They also said that this never happened before. I am so frustrated already with comcast and the service I want to scream. Lets see how this is fixed. At first, they said its my line until I told them about the message being from comcast. I dont trust they know what they are doing.

New Poster

I have 2 posts regarding this situation, and it is amazing to me that no one has offered to help yet.  I'm sure though when it comes time to pay the bill they will be right on top of things.

New Poster

Netdee, it ended up being that the number was reported to the fraud department for some reason.  Really stupid.  Their number is:  1-856-317-7272.  I have to warn you though.  They are not open 24 hrs like the regular Comcast number because they speak English and they tend to solve problems in 1 phone call.  Just don't want you to be as shocked as I was that there is a call center where the people care and solve problems on the first try and don't pass you around to another department.  I would rather not have 24 hour support from Comcast and get the level of support that department offers.

Now I have moved and stuck with Comcast, but because my region changed I had to get a new account number so now I have the joy of trying to get credit from a closed account and they screwed up the transfer of service giving me installation charges as if I'm a new customer and the guy who came out refused to take my old equipment because he doesn't know how to properly return equipment, so now I have to take time off of work to return an extra cable box and an identical modem during the week because no Comcast office is open on weekends.

New Poster

You need to tell them to unblock long distance/international calls. This happen to me and they resolved it.
New Poster

I still don't know why I had the problem, but now it is fixed.  I finally got to chat with someone on line who knew what they were doing.  She never told me why there was an issue, but it seems to have been resolved.  Also, there were 2 phone numbers listed on my acouunt, now only the one that it should have been is there.  Hopefully no more issues.  I would like to add, though, even through all of these problems, no one mentioned the comcast customer guarantee...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation