Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ARRIS TM822R MODEM BATTERY INSTALL

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

ARRIS TM822R MODEM BATTERY INSTALL

When installing a battery in my own purchased phone-internet modem - I note the following in an enclosded slip

Please check the following in place before installing or using your Battery
1) You must have an active phone service "provided only by your service provider" on your Phone Modem to use the battery pack.
2) Back Batteries only support the PHONE PART of the modem.
3) Internet part of your modem is not designed to be used with battery pack regardless   
   of if you have a phone service or not.
4) Make sure your modem is directly Plugged into the Wall. (NO SURGE PROTECTORS OR POWER STRIPS CONNECTED OR APC SYSTEMS).
5) Make sure the battery port is in good shape before you insert the battery as in most  cases used and or rental modems have bent pins and may create an issue when inserting the battery properly.
6) Your battery will now require 12-17 Hours Charge initially.
7) A new battery will undergo three battery test stages;
(a) an initial full charge,
(b) a full discharge after that
(c) a full re-charge back to a fully charged state.
8) The full process will take about 6 days.

+++

MY NOTE   USE 192.168.100.1 TO READ DETAILS OF YOUR MODEM

++++

Question - WHY require plugged in to direct plug and no surge protectors?  I undeersttand the reason for NOT using a supressor on the coax- but why the caution on the 110V ac plug ??

Accepted Solution

Re: ARRIS TM822R MODEM BATTERY INSTALL

D7CAT wrote:

When installing a battery in my own purchased phone-internet modem - I note the following in an enclosded slip

1) You must have an active phone service "provided only by your service provider" on your Phone Modem to use the battery pack.
3) Internet part of your modem is not designed to be used with battery pack regardless   
4) Make sure your modem is directly Plugged into the Wall. (NO SURGE PROTECTORS OR POWER STRIPS CONNECTED OR APC SYSTEMS).
5) Make sure the battery port is in good shape before you insert the battery as in most  cases used and or rental modems have bent pins and may create an issue when inserting the battery properly.

+++

++++

Question - WHY require plugged in to direct plug and no surge protectors?  I undeersttand the reason for NOT using a supressor on the coax- but why the caution on the 110V ac plug ??

Surge protectors / power strips can go bad, go offline and your battery would drain to zero leaving you without phone service.  Personally, I only use UPC systems and forego the use of internal batteries in my electronics.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: ARRIS TM822R MODEM BATTERY INSTALL

D7CAT wrote:

+++

++++

Surge protectors / power strips can go bad, go offline and your battery would drain to zero leaving you without phone service.  Personally, I only use UPC systems and forego the use of internal batteries in my electronics.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation