Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
You can contribute an answer or post a question.
Highlighted
Posted by
New Visitor

Using Filezilla to manage PWP files

I've been using Filezilla for multiple accounts/web pages for a long time, and I'm trying to set up one more with no success.  The login looks like it's working, but then I get a message saying "426 Data connection error: No child processes.
After that, it says "failed to retrieve directory listing" and "Could not read from socket: ECONNRESET-Connection reset by peer", then "Disconnected from server".

How can I get this working like it used to?

Posted by
Web Page Expert

Re: Using Filezilla to manage PWP files

Check the setting for "active" or "passive" mode.  Switch modes and see if you can connect.

Posted by
Visitor

I am having the same problem. I can access all but one of my folders. I tried switching from "passive" to "active" but it did not work.

Posted by
Service Expert

FWIW, there have been on and off problems with FileZilla for a while now.  Try using a different FTP client, like CoreFTP LE.  If you  Both are free.'re using Firefox there is an add-on that I use, FireFTP.  Both are free.

These are public Help and Support forums. As such, any personal information such as full name, address, telephone number, account number or email address can be viewed by anyone on the internet. Keep your identity safe and post only information related to your problem.

Official Comcast Employees names are in Red. "Experts" are customers who volunteer their time in the Help forums. Only Official Comcast Employees have access to your account information.
Posted by
Web Page Expert

There is some information on google that indicates that filezilla has problems with a directory that contains a large number of files.  A possiblilty could be some file name in the directory that filezilla does not like for some reason.

I don't use Filezilla but agree with Again, that CoreFTP LE is a good free ftp client.

Windows has a free one built in.  Open any windows explorer window, erase the address bar, type in ftp://upload.comcast.net and follow the prompts.  A window will open showing your directory on the server.  Just drag your files into the window.

Posted by
Contributor

Interesting in light of my last post re thinking of using filezilla...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments