Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Files not correct after uploading with FTP client

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 2 (4,274 Views)

Files not correct after uploading with FTP client

I'm using FireFTP in Firefox as my FTP client.  I want to upload files to myfolderlocker for use as an online storage (not as a backup scheme, just as an archive).  After I upload files, they do not show the correct file size.  In fact, often the file size lists as "0".  Attempting to open/download them fails because there is no data in the "0" length file.  Viewing in Windows Explorer confirms the "0" length file.

If I use a Windows Explorer window to connect and then drag/drop from another Explorer window, the files all copy with correct size, but they also show today's date instead of the orginal creation date (that's why I want to use the FTP client).  Does anyone know why this happens?

1 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Customer Expert

Message 2 of 2 (4,245 Views)

Re: Files not correct after uploading with FTP client

I don't know.

Are you trying to do a lot of files or just one at a time as a test? One of the FTP programs was having trouble doing a large number of files in a directory. You might experiment with that. 

Another odd thing to check is whether your router firmware is up-to-date. A problem with FTP is what first brought me to this forum many years ago. I didn't know router firmware could be updated. Doing so fixed my FTP problem.

-->