Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

inaccessible web address for UHD activation

New Poster

inaccessible web address for UHD activation

I have been trying for hours to activate and use the Ultra HD sampler app on my brand new Samsung 4K tv (UN55MU6490).  The website listed (oath.xfinity.com/oauth/device/activate) does not work or load.  Please send a more functional link or have it actually accessible from your website.  I will use more reliable sources for my UHD in the mean time.  Looking forward to a fix.

Problem Solver

Re: inaccessible web address for UHD activation

Some of the sites used for this purpose did not work in Windows 7.

Have you tried Crome or Edge?

Also type in the address on the top line of your computer, not other search fields.

As for the app there is nothing new added yet. They are working on it so sometimes it does not load.

Service Expert

Panda295 wrote:

I have been trying for hours to activate and use the Ultra HD sampler app on my brand new Samsung 4K tv (UN55MU6490).  The website listed (oath.xfinity.com/oauth/device/activate) does not work or load.  Please send a more functional link or have it actually accessible from your website.  I will use more reliable sources for my UHD in the mean time.  Looking forward to a fix.

Did you see this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-sampler-app-on-samsung-smart-tv/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

I just checked the app today and also yesterday.

If you happened to have gotten to the loading screen showing Xfinity in red with 3 dots, this app is likely off line. I have seen that before and can get on at a later time or day.

I also keep signed in which causes less grief. I get staight to the loading screen which loads if the app is on line.

Gold Problem Solver

As of a couple days ago, the UHD Sampler app is not working.

It should be noted that the app is available to select Samsung and LG TV sets. Not all X1 users have access to the app.
Official Employee

Hello Everyone.

The Ultra HD Sampler app allows you to access select XFINITY On Demand content on your Samsung Smart TV without the need to attach a TV Box to the TV, but you do have to subscribe to XFINITY TV with XFINITY On Demand service to be eligible to receive any XFINITY On Demand content using the Ultra HD Sampler app.

The Ultra HD Sampler app is supported on the following Samsung TV models:

• 2014:
    • HU8500
    • HU8550
    • HU9000
    • HU8700
    • HU6830
  • 2015:
    • All UHD models only

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Ken,

This is the original list of TVs which was later added to. Are you trying to tell us that LG and certain Samsung models are no longer applicable? Has something changed?
Official Employee

Comcast Ken,

This is the original list of TVs which was later added to. Are you trying to tell us that LG and certain Samsung models are no longer applicable? Has something changed?

This is the list made available via :https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-sampler-app-on-samsung-smart-tv/

Where di you find yours RickGr4? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Gold Problem Solver

I found it in this forum.

I have an LG TV and the app worked for two years. Now it doesn't.

Comcast Ken, please do your due diligence and find out what is REALLY going on here. I am getting really tired of Comcast employees and representatives guessing and speculating in this forum.
New Poster

My problem is not with the app, it's with the web address given to activate, as in I have never had the chance to open or try to use the app or log in, let alone seeing if it is up and running or compatible with my TV.
New Poster

It won't even let me get that far. Upon first use it says go to website x and put this code. Can't get to website X but if the app is down maybe they share a server. Thank you for all the info!
Gold Problem Solver

Panda,

To be honest, the UHD Sampler app in its latest form was nothing special. It was never stable or reliable. Constant dropouts and interruptions. Currently, it only offers two programs.

At its best, we saw snippets of the 2016 Olympics in both 4K and HDR. It was cool. But it was never stable and now it is gone.

The only 4K programming that Comcast offers is 4K on Netflix. It looks good but I have many other options to watch Netflix in 4K.
Problem Solver

This seems to be a Comcast problem with that site. There are other posts going about the same problem since 11/21/17. It includes more than just this app.

Problem Solver

Panda295 wrote:
My problem is not with the app, it's with the web address given to activate, as in I have never had the chance to open or try to use the app or log in, let alone seeing if it is up and running or compatible with my TV.

Have you checked where you got the original address to see if there is a new (corrected) one? Have you gotton on yet?

I never sign off unless they dump me. I have been there ... done that. As for the site; I checked yesterday and nothing new added yet.

Gold Problem Solver

I wish it worked. My gf just decided that she wanted to catch up on Outlander...

MNtundraRET wrote:

Panda295 wrote:

Have you checked where you got the original address to see if there is a new (corrected) one? Have you gotton on yet?

I never sign off unless they dump me. I have been there ... done that. As for the site; I checked yesterday and nothing new added yet.

Problem Solver

RickGr4 wrote:

I wish it worked. My gf just decided that she wanted to catch up on Outlander...

MNtundraRET wrote:

Panda295 wrote:

Rick:

Did you have a "senior moment" and accidently sign off the app?  Smiley Sad

Gold Problem Solver

Actually Tundra, I tried it again last night. The app worked for me, it just takes forever (at least a minute) to load. Not a senior moment (I am only 57) but I guess I could have been a bit more patient.

Outlander from the app in 4K looks notably better than OnDemand...

MNtundraRET wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

MNtundraRET wrote:

Panda295 wrote:

Rick:

Did you have a "senior moment" and accidently sign off the app?  Smiley Sad

Problem Solver

Rick:

While we were out in California for two weeks (in October), mostly in San Francisco, visiting my daughter, I got caught up watching most the current season of "Outlander" on ON DEMAND. She has Comcast out there which we watched on her 1080p television.

The first thing I noticed is that the scenes filmed inside the castles are very dark and harder to view. I probably could have improved the picture but I refrained from messing with her tv settings. There is an obvious huge improvement when watching "Outlander" in 4K on the Comcast app. This in spite of the quirks of using the app and replay from their current 4K dvrs used for the app. By the way she does not yet use a X1 cable-box, same as I. It is a different HD cable-box from my Cisco HD box here in the TC area.