Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity VOD or XOD

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity VOD or XOD

Did a search of this error and issues date back to 2012-2016. Very few 2017 posts that I have found.  I have been using VOD just fine for years with Tivo Premier XL (2 tuner). A few months ago it stopped working with the CL-14 error - nothing has changed.. Little to none info on this error. Had Comcast technician come out and refreshed signals and rebooted Tivo many times. Finally called a Level 4 support from Denver (what ever that is). They only recognized a Tivo Bolt. I was told Denver would call me with an answer - to date no one ever called. Called CS about no return phone call and they simply wanted to send another tech out ("one with Tivo knowledge:"). Got same tech who knew of Tivo with little experience. He and I finally assumed Comcast simply removed any access by Tivo Premier XL, simply because it is considered too old for them to care about. Even though VOD worked just fine!!

I

Comcast costs more and more but I am getting less and less from them. I understand I cant buy my own DTA (have to rent one or more) and $5.99 charge per extra tv is too much so I am down to one cable TV. Roku the other tv but have one tv too old for Roku or HD OA antenna. Anyone discover the CL-14 problem with Premiers XL in 2017-2018? Since no one has contacted me for any followup information I turn to this forum. Seems I have no where else to go. I really hope the issue is still solvable.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity VOD or XOD

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity VOD or XOD

Hi Black-dog, it sounds like your cable card may need to be re-seated. I can assist you with getting this error cleared up, can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation