Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xbox: Error 805

New Poster

Xbox: Error 805

I'm constantly receiving error 805 when trying to activate my console.

Please help! This is ridiculous.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Error 805

I would appreciate an answer please & thank you.

Official Employee

TJon23 wrote:

I'm constantly receiving error 805 when trying to activate my console.

Please help! This is ridiculous.

I am assuming you are referring to a Xbox 360. If so, to watch XFINITY TV directly on your Xbox 360 you need the following:

- XFINITY TV with On Demand

- XFINITY Internet service

- An Xbox 360 console and Xbox LIVE Gold subscription

- XFINITY TV app installed (the XFINITY TV app is available from the Xbox Marketplace)

- The primary Comcast account holder’s Comcast ID or Comast.net email address and password

Do you meet all these requirements?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Yes I meet all of those requirements!

New Poster

I meet all of those requirements too and am receiving the same error code.

Frequent Visitor

I get the same code...today it is consistently the 805 error code.  Yesterday it was 3 different codes; I can't get over what an absolute embarassment this is.

Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same error.  I've got all the requirements and I can watch content on my computer but get the 805 error when I try to hook up my Xbox.

This is pretty lame, especially considering we are aparently going to be permanently barred from using the HBO go app.

Frequent Visitor

Well don't expect to get HBO GO content through the Xfinity app.  The Xfinity app is no different than what you see when you use On Demand through your Comcast Receiver.

Comcast = FAIL

New Poster

Re: Sign in fail on Xbox

The bigger question is if there is anyone who is not getting error code issues.  Mine is 805.

New Poster

I get error code 805 when trying to log in to xfinity for xbox360.  I have an xbox live gold account, tv on demand/phone/internet with xfinity.  What does error 805 mean?

New Poster

I am also getting code 805 when trying to sign into xfinity app for xbox.  Is there a solution?  

New Poster

Setup Error- Xbox 360 Code 805

Hi, i have all the requirements.

Xfinity On Demand

XFinity Internet

Xbox Live Gold

What does this mean?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xbox Error Code 802

Joe, I am getting an error 805.  What in the world is that?  This is highly frustrating.

New Poster

Re: Setup Error- Xbox 360 Code 805

Yep, me too - same problem.  And I have Comcast TV, Internet, and Phone.

New Poster

same problem for me.  can't understand why we can't get an answer from Xfinity.  Were they ready to roll this out or not?

New Poster

I am also continually getting this error.  What does it signify and are there corrective actions we should be taking?

New Poster

I'm getting the same message too.  I can't find an answer anywhere from anyone who actually works for comcast, and would know.

I have xbox live gold, comcast digital starter, and comcast residential high speed internet.  My 360 is connected to the router with an ethernet cable.

New Poster

I'm not sure what this error code is, but I will look into it and get back. In the meantime, you can try deleting the app, then clean your XBox cache and re-install it. This might work,but I will certainly check into this error code.
New Poster

Ok, so I just did some searching and actually found it quite easily. But anyway, 805 is a time out code. It happens when the app is trying to load and it takes too long. All things that have anything too do with online have a certain amount of time before it will time out. this is to prevent crashes and freezes. Also, there is another code for this and it is 999. I can only assume it's a different code for the same problem because it differentiates the reason for the time out. Don't quote me. They said the issue should be resolved within 72 hours, so just hang in there. Hope this helped.
Official Employee

gnohms wrote:

I'm getting the same message too.  I can't find an answer anywhere from anyone who actually works for comcast, and would know.

I have xbox live gold, comcast digital starter, and comcast residential high speed internet.  My 360 is connected to the router with an ethernet cable.

For further assistance, please call our XBOX dedicated support line at 1-877-599-1846 for further assistance.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

yes...i am getting this error also...and i am sick of trying to type in my login credentials.  i meet all the requirements.  maybe i am not the smartest tool in the shed, but doesn't it make sense for the forum host from comcast to do the reasearch about this error and post the results here?  why make a bunch of customers call an overloaded supoort number when one person could check?  sounds to me like most if not all of the posters here have pretty much the same packages/setup.  if there is a problem, be brave and admit it here.  we can all save time if we have some information.

New Poster

Getting 805 error code as well...also HBOGO?????  Seriously???  Not supported by Xfinity??????  There are small town cable providers that are further in the curve than Comcast is...

New Poster

Same here.

Error code 805

Xbox is set up as follows:

Cable modem - router- switch-router-xbox

Not an issue with any other services

New Poster

I Have The Same Error Code, I Called Customer Service And They Couldnt Help Me Unless I Payed An Extra 20 Dollars For Tech Support!!!!

New Poster

No, I'm not going to call the dedicated xbox line.  I don't have time to sit on hold for an hour just to talk to someone who is just going to tell me to unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and try again.  I posted on here because I thought I might actually get an answer to what the problem is.  It seems like alot of people are having this same problem, don't you think it might actually be nice to let us know what the issue is?  I tried again just now, and got the same error code with a different message, it now says there was an "order service failure", which of course explains absolutly nothing.  The only reason I'm still a customer is fios isn't in my area yet, but I'm starting to think about just dumping cable altogether.  It's not worth dealing with you people.

New Poster

looks like they updated the message that goes along with error 805... well i said i wouldn't call but i did...after 10 minutes of hold time i got a rep that then put me on hold again to research the problem...i guess i dont have a "special" rate code on my account, but there was no charge to add this "special" code so she entered a ticket to get this added asap, within an hour or two.  well.....4 hours later i tried it again...still same error.  i don't know what to say...

New Poster

I called the special Xbox Support line and waited on hold for around 12 minutes.  When the tech answered, and took my account information, he also told me that I needed some kind of code attached to my account and transfered me to a different division. 

After waiting another 5 minutes on hold, it took me to an automated system which when I navigate the options, told me that the support line was currently closed, and suggested that I use the online help chat to get support.

I logged on to comcast/help, and started up a chat.  The first tech was unable to help me, and suggested that I call the dedicated Xbox support line (see above for where that leads).  I told her that I had already tried that option, and she forwarded me to a chat tech in another division.

This tech told me that the 805 error indicated a timeout in the service.  She said that engineers are currently working on getting the timeout to last longer.  She was quite pleasant to work with, and opened a ticket for my issue.  I am concerned however, that she seemed to have no idea about the "code" mentioned to me earlier (and also apparantly mentioned to mydogsarebad).

Hopefully the issue is resolved soon.  So far, it has not been an entirely pleasant experience.

New Poster

hey comcast jo k e... where are you .   you reply to other problems on this forum.  scared?

Frequent Visitor

I just called Comcast and finally got 2 representatives who were helpful and understood what they were doing but ultimately were not able to resolve this problem due to a restriction in their system that cannot be resolved unless I pay another $6.25 per month.   Here's why:

I just have a Tivo Premiere (with a comcast cablecard) and no other Comcast Cable Boxes.

When I called the comcast xbox support number, the representative tried to apply the "IP Video on Demand" Rate Code (which is what Code 805 refers to) and she couldn't since my account didn't have the "Video on Demand" code attached to it.  She couldn't go around it.  And, she couldn't attach the "Video on Demand" code to my account either.  She thought that it was because it wasn't available in my area. But, I told her that I  previously had On Demand when I had a Comcast DVR before I switched to Tivo.    So, she connected me to the Video Services dept. to try and get it straightened out.

The Video Services rep. tried but couldn't attach the "Video on Demand" code.  So, he tried to  talk to his supervisor.   He told me that the only way to get the "Video on Demand" code on my account was to have at least 1 Comcast Standard Cable Box on my account which would cost $6.25 a month.  He offered to send it out or said I could go pick it up.

I told him that I would think about it and that it was disappointing because the main advantage of the Xbox Xfinity On Demand App was for people like me who didn't want a Comcast Box.    I just want the Tivo Box.    I know that Tivo Premier is adding a Comcast On Demand App.   If it won't work unless I get a Standard Cable Box, then, in my mind, it defeats the purpose of even adding the app.    

So, from my perspective,   no access to  HBO Go on Xbox due to Comcast restrictions (unlike competitors in my area of Dish, Fios, Direct TV),   no access to  On Demand via the XBox Xfinity App, and possibly no access to On Demand via the Tivo Xfinitiy App, makes me really disappointed in Comcast.      They need to fix this quickly!!!

New Poster

In the same boat as you, I have a TiVo Premere as well. I don't get why they are blocking things, I got a similar answer when I called to see why HBO Go was no longer supported on my iPad. Comcast needs to wake up and embrace the new era. If I pay way too much for your service I should be able to access it however I please. I will jump ship at the first chance I get at another viable service
New Poster

Error Code 805 when attempting to log in to infinity app xbox 360

Failure to log in to Xfinity app on my xbox 360:

"Setup Error

Unfortunately, we had an order service failure

when attempting to activate XFINITY TV on

XBOX 360 with your account. Please contact

us at 1-877-599-1846 and mention that you

received "Code 805" to our representative."

New Poster

Re: Error Code 805 when attempting to log in to infinity app xbox 360

I have only tivo priemieres and I called about three days ago with the error 805. the tech said she had to refer it to a higher level tech and that they would call me back. I got a call this morning that said reset my xobox and it should work. I was able to watch multiple shows on it today. YAY Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Joe,

I just have one Tivo Premiere and no comcast cable boxes.   I've tried every day to access the Xfinity App including yesterday.  Still no luck.  Any word when it will be available for everyone?

New Poster

805 error code

I get the same code everyone else is getting. I do have a Comcast box with on demand, a xbox live gold account, etc. And you'd think with the outrageous prices I pay to have Comcast cable and internet this would not be an issue or least that they could pay some smart person to fix it. Well epic fail Comcast epic.

P.s. I think I'm gonna sign up for direct tv my brother got it and loves it plus its cheaper and the customer service is better.
Official Employee

mirosco wrote:

Comcast Joe,

I just have one Tivo Premiere and no comcast cable boxes.   I've tried every day to access the Xfinity App including yesterday.  Still no luck.  Any word when it will be available for everyone?

The Xfinity App on Xbox 360 has some very specific requirements. Please make sure that you meet all of them and let me know if you are still having issues:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Xbox-360-FAQ/td-p/1238627

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: 805 error code

jc4ut wrote:
I get the same code everyone else is getting. I do have a Comcast box with on demand, a xbox live gold account, etc. And you'd think with the outrageous prices I pay to have Comcast cable and internet this would not be an issue or least that they could pay some smart person to fix it. Well epic fail Comcast epic.

P.s. I think I'm gonna sign up for direct tv my brother got it and loves it plus its cheaper and the customer service is better.

What is the make and model of your box?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I have been getting error codes from the first time I downloaded the app. I have all the requirements, so when will the app start working correctly ? I have deleted and re-downloaded it 3 times so far(as I was advised to by the service rep)

New Poster

Comcast joe, <br>It seems like you have no definitive answers to anyones questions. You and comcast need to get your stuff together and fix this and be honest about what's going in. Why have forums, online chats and release a product if all you do is give vague answers and don't solve the problem.
Official Employee

badjackdk wrote:

I have been getting error codes from the first time I downloaded the app. I have all the requirements, so when will the app start working correctly ? I have deleted and re-downloaded it 3 times so far(as I was advised to by the service rep)

I reset your modem because the rate code was missing. Please try again and let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Fyi to those getting this error, and maybe to educate the Comcast rep on this forum, this error means you don't pay enough for your Comcast service, or have a low tier plan. Several reps on the phone told me this today, despite calling in numerous times in the past few weeks. We have blast internet and limited basic with a digital converter, and get on demand. Evidently this is not enough, they tell me I have to pay more....no thanks...
New Poster

Does the app require you to be receiving signal from the actual router that you are subscribed to or can it be any internet signal?  I have Xfininity cable tv and internet but get this error.  I have my xbox at family's house while on vacation so it is not connected to my actual router.

Official Employee

Jmvanoy wrote:

Does the app require you to be receiving signal from the actual router that you are subscribed to or can it be any internet signal?  I have Xfininity cable tv and internet but get this error.  I have my xbox at family's house while on vacation so it is not connected to my actual router.

It does not have to receive a signal from the actual router but you have to be using Xfinity Internet for it to work. So wherever you are has to have Xfinity Internet coming through the place.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thank you Joe.  But the location I am staying DOES also have Xfinity internet.  So my account has Xfinity Internet with Cable and On Demand..... the current location has Xfinity internet.  Do you know why I get this error code??  What can I do?

Official Employee

Jmvanoy wrote:

Thank you Joe.  But the location I am staying DOES also have Xfinity internet.  So my account has Xfinity Internet with Cable and On Demand..... the current location has Xfinity internet.  Do you know why I get this error code??  What can I do?

Please try again now and let me know if it works. If it still does not work, please tell me what error message you received.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

okay, from what i got from tech support with xbox is that it is a issue with comcasts server or service.. xbox can't help me with my issue, they told me to contact comcast, who told me to contact xbox. it is in fact a time out issue on comcasts end.

New Poster

I am receiving error 805 and have boxes plu
s two tivos. I deleted and reinstalled the app but it didn't help. On the other hand HBO go works
Official Employee

scooterzp wrote:
I am receiving error 805 and have boxes plu
s two tivos. I deleted and reinstalled the app but it didn't help. On the other hand HBO go works

I have our team looking into your issue now. I will update you when we know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I too am receiving this error 805 when trying to sign into Xfinity on the Xbox.  I have looked at the previous posts and I believe I meet all the requirements to have the Xfinity on the Xbox please help ComcastJoe.

Official Employee

ruhappy21 wrote:

I too am receiving this error 805 when trying to sign into Xfinity on the Xbox.  I have looked at the previous posts and I believe I meet all the requirements to have the Xfinity on the Xbox please help ComcastJoe.

Our team is looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I just have cablecards and no Comcast Box, any update from Comcast on when this configuration will work?